Newbie! Where is the Spark Plug? HELP

I just got a brand new 03 yz250f and I think the plug is bad. It is very hard to get it started. I removed the tank and seat and thought I new where the spark plug was. The cap said DEC?? It was right on top of the engine, and the cap was hard to get off. I read on here earlier that some other people were having trouble getting the plug caps off, so I just figure it was a little tight. I pryed it with a triangle and it popped loose. A black tube type thing came out that went down into the engine. What is this? I did not think it had anything to do with the spark plug so I quickly put it back in fearing I had messed something up. NOw, I am having second thoughts that the plug somehow might have been in there. Where exactly is the plug and how do I get the plugcap off? Thanks, and help is greatly appreciated.

I whent threw the same thing when I first got my bike. You did everything right. That black tube pops out, its not like a 2 smoke. After you do that get that tool that you got with the bike (the one you got along with the spare jets and dust flap) and put it down that whole. Push down until it goes into the plug twist it out and it should come up with a spark plug. All of these bikes foul the first plug for some reason but after replacing the oroginal you shouldnt have any problems. When you learn you should be able to do this without removing the seat and tank but it is a little more difficult. Have fun!

lol...

seriously man, try looking in your manual before you do anything else.

These things come with the best owner's manual I have seen, almost like a shop manual and you need to get real familiar with it. These bikes do require more maintenance, but will last much longer than two stokes if you keep a good schedule. Good luck and have fun with it, you won't break things too easy!

Thank you both very much! I changed it last night and she cranked right up. I am out of town right now, and I was going to bring my manual, but I left it sitting on the table. Your responses were very fast, and now I can have a good day of riding. This bike is a lot different than an xr200, lol. Much more power, but I was used to just being able to pop off the cap and then get to the plug right there. Thanks again!!