off-road sticker Calif.

i going to end up in n. Calif. over the xmas holidays and am going to take a couple of scooters with me. What do i have to do to be able to ride. Green sticker, red sticker, who do i contact(before they contact me!). I have an idaho off=road sticker. is there reciprocity?

You need to contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). You can probably find a number on the web. I had a friend visit from Ohio last year and the Ranger honored his Ohio off road sticker but I think we got a nice ranger. Knowing CA politics you are probably supposed to get a temporary permit and pay a lot of money for it. 🙂 Also, be aware that you will need to conform to sound limits of 101 db. And if you are riding after 01/03 you will need to conform to 96 db on any public land. And you will be checked.

Rick dont panic. Contact DMV they can sell you a temp saticker. Bring a little steel wool with you if you get tested you can stuff a little of that in your exsisting set up to pass. Sometimes they pass with your set up sometimes not. If it looks like a YZ say it is for some reason right now they test YZs at a lower rpm around 5200 than wr. 02 they allow101dba 03 its 96dba take care, Matt