START OR JOIN RIDING CLUB? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Taking the stock 2007 CRF50F up to the trails this weekend and want to be prepared!

Hello,

I've recently purchased a 2007 CRF50F, it has an exhaust and rev box. Other than those couple mods, it's completely stock. I plan to take it up to a 6 mile dirt trail this weekend! I want to be 100% prepared that my bike can handle the conditions. I've heard from a couple friends that the trail consists of a ton of hills and small dirt jumps. My friends have stock 2001 XR50's and the bikes hold up pretty well, not to mention they can hill climb with them pretty well too. At the moment besides for the exhaust and rev box, I have not done anything to the suspension, forks, handlebars nor seat. I don't plan to do any upgrades unless I find them totally necessary. What I've found necessary so far was a UNI air filter, I also checked out those skid plates and I won't really be jumping any logs so I didn't find a point? Handlebars are over the budget at the moment, I haven't even really enjoyed the bike on some trails so I don't plan to dump 3k into the bike to turn it into a monster before I could even enjoy it stock. For the record, I'm 5'8 165 LBS.

you will be fine to just cruise. if i were you i would get hd springs front n back with +1's up front and get the 99 dollar dratv 88kit and be done with the bike

I would get a 60 main jet, a needle from a 04< 50 and a airscrew from a 04< 50. I think your bike is way lean. I know mine was and took forever to figure out why. And then I did the above.

HondaTrailRipper,

If you decided you wanted a bar kit after riding this weekend, let me know because I have a complete kit I put together with mostly NEW parts/some USED that were just laying around the shop. Save you some money.

HondaTrailRipper,

If you decided you wanted a bar kit after riding this weekend, let me know because I have a complete kit I put together with mostly NEW parts/some USED that were just laying around the shop. Save you some money.

He probable will. Bar kits add so much comfort/room Imo

• Like 1

Necessary Mods:

1) Bar clamp, I modified my stock bars and stock throttle/brake cables

2)HD rear spring

My first time on the trail I bent my peg mount and handle bars. I fell about 6 times because little friggin roots come out of nowhere when your 6" off the ground!

$99 DRATV kit. It rocks my bike is "Stockish" and I've probably put $400 into it. Oh yeah I was just gonna keep mine stock too lol