yamaha 80 yzinger good for pit bike?

Could i use this for apit bike? what are some mods i should do to this bike?

Could i use this for apit bike? what are some mods i should do to this bike?

that bike is a 2-stroke correct......it is not considered a pitbike but a play bike the Pit Bikes in this forum are 4-Stroke Bikes

you can use it as a pit bike depending on the crowd you hang with some will insist it be a horizontal mounted 4 stroke... as long as your buds dont mind run what ya brung! just dont expect to be able to race it in a "pitbike" race though... but if its just having fun on a small bike... go for it....

yea I am running a kx65 as a pitbike and I weigh 210. Only think I am worried about is the clutch. REst of the bike rocks, I have new springs on it though so it will hold me up. Put a 2007 gsxr 750 shock on the back. Fun for sure. Run what you bring but I don't race cause I just started getting into dirt riding.

LOL yea that USED to be my pitbike, well a kx60 was. i loved that thing but i ended up selling it to get my daughter a ktm 65. yea the 2 stroke 65's are a blast but its hard to ride with pitbike guys becuz for the most part they dont agree with riding with a 2 smoke... i have a 4 stroke no so its all good but i sure do miss that KX....

if it is a yz 80 it is def. not a good pit bike. it requires too much maitnence and a little too big for a pit bike and doesnt have a good motor for a pit bike. if its a pw 80 its alright for a pit bike.

if it is a yz 80 it is def. not a good pit bike. it requires too much maitnence and a little too big for a pit bike and doesnt have a good motor for a pit bike. if its a pw 80 its alright for a pit bike.

yea i wanna say the yzinger is the older version of the now PW80...

fmf makes pipes for pw 80s. they make a works connection shock for a ttr 90. i think i will fit a pw80

found some more for pw80

The following mods make a PW80 fast:

1) mill the head almost up to the squish area (the cone part leading into the dome). This raises the compression. You will need to use premium gas. The compression in a stock bike is barely enough to make it run.

2) remove the oil pump, block off the hole in the cases & the hole fitting on the carb, and use pre-mix.

3) install an FMF pipe.

4) remove the air filter housing & clamp a large K&N filter to the carb.

5) remove 1/2 of the balls in the clutch, raising the RPM that the clutch engages at.

6) port the cylinder, raising the exh & transfers 1-2 mm, widening them 3-4 mm.

7) install a Boyeson reed.

8) I also fabricated an intake manifold to mount a Mikuni 24mm carb.

The result is a bike with less low-end, but a strong, free-revving top-end - not a beginner bike, but less intimidating than a YZ85.

For the suspension:

1) install a Works Performance shock - the long version that adds travel & lifts the rear. This is much better than stock.

2) fabricate 1" long tubular spacers to extend the forks & increase travel. These are installed (with 1" longer allen bolts) between the bottom of the damping rods in the forks and the lower fork legs. The spacers need to fit tightly around the allen bolts (to keep the spacers centered) and need to have the same outside diameter as the damper rods. The spacers will also need to have grooves (8-10 of them)ground in their outside, from the top (damping rod end) to within 1/4" of the bottom - this lets oil pass (otherwise, the fork will hydraulically lock before bottoming.

Also, replace the rubber footpegs with TTR90 serrated footpegs so your feet don't slip off in the mud.

----i found this on google!

im thinking about making a play bike out a kx 80 but i wanted to put kx 65 wheels and tires on it to make it look more like a pit bike does anyone know if the 65 wheels will fit a kx 80???????

im thinking about making a play bike out a kx 80 but i wanted to put kx 65 wheels and tires on it to make it look more like a pit bike does anyone know if the 65 wheels will fit a kx 80???????

good question to ask over in the Mini/Pee wee forum

they are all about 2-stroke 65cc bikes there also they are starting a new classification of Bikes

I did not know they made an 80cc yzinger...mine is a 50cc like the current PW50