Sign in to follow this  

Over heating a little today

I had 130 miles on a new top end. Figured it was broke in. So I went off to ride some tight single track today. Then we decided to cut a new trail threw the brush, trees, rocks etc.... and my bike started to over heat a little. My question is. That shouldn't hurt the new top in ??? I let it cool down 20-30 Min's. Then was fine. We added 1/4 + mile of new trail. Went over it a couple of times. It would of been easier with some hedge clipers.

Turned it off for 20-30 min. I was riding with 15s and 06 1s. His 08 husqvarna250 4 stroke was over heating a little too.

When you say it overheated a little what did it do?

When I first read. I though you asked what did I do. It was just spitting mostly steam out the over flow.

Should be fine, Charlie. Glad you had a good ride.

Thanks John. I thought it would be ok. But you guys know the X better than me and 1st bike in 20yrs. I think I'll put eng ice back in. It has the green stuff in there now. No more popping on the deceleration either. Must of been bad gas.

Mine did the same thing a month or so ago. New valves and my first ride out I heard it popping into the over flow. I am running engine ice, and it still did it. I think part of it was because of me. I was working on getting up some hills that I just couldn't get up. :thumbsup:

Mine did the same thing a month or so ago. New valves and my first ride out I heard it popping into the over flow. I am running engine ice, and it still did it. I think part of it was because of me. I was working on getting up some hills that I just couldn't get up. :thumbsup:

You put SS valves in. Does the bigger valves make it run hotter ? When we were waiting for the bikes to cool down. We walked threw the bushes. Looking for a way out. Found some rocks to sit on and took a break. Then we couldn't find the bikes. It was kind of funny.

I just couldn't get up. :thumbsup:

Sounds personal. Sorry I couldn't resist lol.