Engine dies with Rekluse Clutch

I’m running a Rekluse Clutch, I killed the engine 3 times in my race last night and that is not the first time. In fact it seams like I stall the motor just as much as stock clutch. I thought the engine is not suppose to die with the Rekluse clutch. Each time it happened I was just coming out of a corner, getting on the gas and killed it, really frustrating cuz I was running 2nd place and I think I could have taken 1st! What’s the deal? Could this be a jetting issue or is my clutch not adjusted right? Any input? :thumbsup:

Most likely it is jetting.

The Rekluse likes it real lean on the pilot circuit. I went down one size on my pilot and pay close attention to the fuel screw.

I had mine stall a couple times. I think if you are on the rear brake and give it just enough gas to engage the clutch it can kill it. ie. you may have been dragging the rear brake in the corner as you came onto the gas.

Hasn't done it in months. I do agree with TD-3, that if it isn't jetted right it will be much more likely to happen.

You failed to mention what bike you are referring to? My CRF450R used to do the same until I added some flywheel weight and payed more attention to the pilot circuit on the jetting. Good luck and hope this helps.

You failed to mention what bike you are referring to? My CRF450R used to do the same until I added some flywheel weight and payed more attention to the pilot circuit on the jetting. Good luck and hope this helps.

07 CRF 450R

idk much about the rekluse but where you in a gear too high for the spot you where in? just a guess but it could be a combination of that and your jetting/clutch adjustment

If the rejetting does not fix it then try readjusting your engagement.

You might also try turning up your idle a little bit, just below engagement....The folks at REKLUSE are super helpful and can talk you through almost any issue you might have...Give them a call !

Assuming the installed gap, cable and or spring tension etc.... are in and adjusted correctly? Sometimes there is just enough drag (especially when their new)that adjusting the idle up a tad will eliminate the stalling issue. If that does not work then try leaning out the pilot circuit as suggested above. Start with the easy stuff first.