DRZ SM stock rotors

Are the stock DRZ SM front rotors any good? The genious owner who had my wheels before me tried to weld the floating rotor together. They still stop pretty well (way better then an S) but its scarey knowing that its been welded.

My buddy has a SM with a braking wave rotor, and I can't tell too much of a difference. I would like to buy a stock rotor, preferably used, but I want to make sure they work well and last a while (not sure why the guy tried to weld it). I am hard on my brakes, riding endos and all that, and I just want something that will last quite a while.

If anyone has a used SM front rotor, shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Stock SM rotors that are not welded together work fine, I would not use one that was welded together. Important thing to consider is size. Stock SM rotor is bigger then a S rotor but not a full 320 mm. If you ride off road as well as on road, this is a good compromise. Moto Master makes a stock size rotor for the SM. Most others sell a 320 conversion. The stock rotor is pretty cheap. I think EBC has a stock replacement rotor for a little less then OEM but I don't know how well it works.

i have a few stock sm rotors $85 + shipping

how will the stock rotor hold up to endos and pretty hard braking?

Not sure. Where I come from an endo is a crash(usually going over the bars end over end). There is nothing wrong with the stock brake disc. I have supermoto raced with mine and the weak link in the stock setup is the lbrake line, not the disc. Replaced the line with braided steel. All good.

If you need a little more braking power you can upgrade to a 320mm disc. But the difference will not be large.

how will the stock rotor hold up to endos and pretty hard braking?

I'm sure many here are very hard on their brakes and do endo's 24 7, I know I try to. Never had a problem with stock rotor.

If you are not racing, the rotor will be fine.

I'm sure many here are very hard on their brakes and do endo's 24 7, I know I try to. Never had a problem with stock rotor.

If you are not racing, the rotor will be fine.

sounds good...

and when i say endo I mean just riding on the front wheel (stoppie).

You mentioned Braking, who also makes a 310mm rotor. Check out Wheeling Cycle Supply. :thumbsup:

Not sure. Where I come from an endo is a crash(usually going over the bars end over end).

where you come from? He's just in connecticut, isn't that like 30 miles away :thumbsup:

I think of crashing end over end when hear that word too...but I have also heard it on occasion used to refer to a stoppie.

sounds good...

and when i say endo I mean just riding on the front wheel (stoppie).

Yip I meant endo = stoppie is same thing.

I should mention that I have an SS front brake line but even so I still think the rotor is fine.