Gotta love it

Just for all you two stroke nuts, today we had a race, and I holeshot three of four moto's and a second place start in the fourth moto with a 30 rider gate in each moto on the trusty yz250.

Can't beat that bike with a stick, take that four strokes.

It makes me laugh, because the bike is box stock, I am a upper B level rider, and everyone was coming up looking at the bike. It boggles the four stroker's minds that they don't get the Hole Shot....gotta love that.

P.S. Im NOT saying the bike is faster than a 450...but with a good jump, and a little luck, these bikes can hang easily with them.

I love two strokes.

Congrats... however, if you were on a 4 stroke, you would have still gotten the hole shot.

It was you more than it was the bike.

Then the fact that he chose the smoker makes it that much better then doesnt it? :thumbsup:

Why are you racing 450's? are you racing a non AMA event or something?

I race both classes, on one bike. That to me, is the beauty of the new rule, not the power advantage, but the cost savings to me, a poor college kid. Now I can race twice as many classes, on one bike.

I have loved two strokes for a long time now, and have had my 250 long before that rule was instituted, to me, like stated, the power issue is not an issue. I promise none of us can use all the power a stock "big" bike (450f/250 two) has to offer all the time...if we could, we would be racing professionally.

So get out there and prove the two strokes are still great bikes. It's sad a 450 is going to run around 8500 out the door this year, and in two years I bet 10 grand will be the number.

Like I said, I am not saying the 250 is faster....or better for everyone, but big picture my race experience proves the bike is still more than competitive for all but the immortals.

I will dearly miss them when they are completely gone, lets hope that doesn't happen for at least a couple more years.

I race both classes, on one bike. That to me, is the beauty of the new rule, not the power advantage, but the cost savings to me, a poor college kid. Now I can race twice as many classes, on one bike.

I have loved two strokes for a long time now, and have had my 250 long before that rule was instituted, to me, like stated, the power issue is not an issue. I promise none of us can use all the power a stock "big" bike (450f/250 two) has to offer all the time...if we could, we would be racing professionally.

So get out there and prove the two strokes are still great bikes. It's sad a 450 is going to run around 8500 out the door this year, and in two years I bet 10 grand will be the number.

Like I said, I am not saying the 250 is faster....or better for everyone, but big picture my race experience proves the bike is still more than competitive for all but the immortals.

I will dearly miss them when they are completely gone, lets hope that doesn't happen for at least a couple more years.

Yea when I got to non AMA races I will ride it in both classes.

Yea when I got to non AMA races I will ride it in both classes.

ama events allow it to be legal in both....

just curious why your saying non ama events.

Most tracks who do not follow ama rules are NOT allowing the 250 against the 250f...

Just asking, maybe a typo.

ama events allow it to be legal in both....

just curious why your saying non ama events.

Most tracks who do not follow ama rules are NOT allowing the 250 against the 250f...

Just asking, maybe a typo.

I am saying non AMA event because I don't race 450's in AMA events. When I race local races I will ride MX and MX lites C. When I go to AMA events I will bring my 450 so I don't have to be at a disatvantage.

I am saying non AMA event because I don't race 450's in AMA events. When I race local races I will ride MX and MX lites C. When I go to AMA events I will bring my 450 so I don't have to be at a disatvantage.

Ah, your saying because most AMA events are big you want every advantage... gotcha.

I completely agree that the 2 strokes are easily competitive. I recently started racing a yz250 as opposed to my wr450 (which is fine for the desert). I think I lose a bit on the starts (not enough skill) but gain bigger advantages in other areas.

However, I don't do tracks but race desert instead. We start with the bomb run and its usually about a 1-2 miles before the start tapers down to a single trail. The guys that are out front are the guys with the big nutz who hold it wide open for the longest. 250 and 450's are both fast as hell.

See this example of another kid with big nutz and lots of skill. I think he'd get the hole shot regardless of the amount of oil in his gas.

I need to learn how to ride like this regardless of the bike that I am on.