I'm pooped!

Doesn't sound like much to you desert runners, but when you can only average a speed of 15 mph... Max speed was a measly 33. Max temp was 221. The Vapor registered 108 deg F abient but I think that was a bit skewed by the engine/rad heat.

53.6 miles of single track, billions of pounds of deep sand and some trees scattered across the trails. Only hurt myself once. There wasn't a cut around a big fallen tree, so as I was trying to boost the bike over the 4 ft dia tree, I lost balance of it, the bike tipped on it's side and the bar end pounded my big toe.? I only have one, so I need to be careful with it. Took 20 miles for me to get into my groove. So when I found it, I went with it. The sand whoops were huge but I handled them great today. Was finally able to skim the tops in a lot of places. A great day, about 6 hour's worth including breaks...but I'm sore and tired. Good night! I'll be dreaming of a new chain and sprockets.?

Doesn't sound like much to you desert runners, but when you can only average a speed of 15 mph... Max speed was a measly 33. Max temp was 221. The Vapor registered 108 deg F abient but I think that was a bit skewed by the engine/rad heat.

53.6 miles of single track, billions of pounds of deep sand and some trees scattered across the trails. Only hurt myself once. There wasn't a cut around a big fallen tree, so as I was trying to boost the bike over the 4 ft dia tree, I lost balance of it, the bike tipped on it's side and the bar end pounded my big toe.? I only have one, so I need to be careful with it. Took 20 miles for me to get into my groove. So when I found it, I went with it. The sand whoops were huge but I handled them great today. Was finally able to skim the tops in a lot of places. A great day, about 6 hour's worth including breaks...but I'm sore and tired. Good night! I'll be dreaming of a new chain and sprockets.?

sounds cool man. you got any pics? ? . i'm pooped too because i got ready to ride and all, but i realized i had a flat and then my compressor crapped out, and then i saw that my air filter is falling apart even though i just oiled it :bonk:.

if anyone has a new OEM air filter pm me a price ? my oem and twin air filters are old i guess:banghead:

Doesn't sound like much to you desert runners, but when you can only average a speed of 15 mph... Max speed was a measly 33. Max temp was 221. The Vapor registered 108 deg F abient but I think that was a bit skewed by the engine/rad heat............

Wow... sounds like some tough single track.

But probably pretty fun too huh?! A bit hot for me at those slow speeds! ?

Ivan....

Sounds like your using the wrong cleaning solvents for your filters. Mine have last 3 years. And the stock filter isn't cheap, just bought one this weekend $32.

Ivan....

Sounds like your using the wrong cleaning solvents for your filters. Mine have last 3 years. And the stock filter isn't cheap, just bought one this weekend $32.

i'm using pj1 foam filter cleaner and bel ray oil. i guess everytime i remove or install it, the filter gets cuts from inside the airbox ? i'm going back to oem for the excellent seal it has over twin air too.

sounds cool man. you got any pics?

I never take them. Still life pics aren't much fun. No one around to take any of me in action. Sometimes that's a good thing. Once again I had the trails to myself.

When do you leave for A&M? Taking the bike with you?

I never take them. Still life pics aren't much fun. No one around to take any of me in action. Sometimes that's a good thing. Once again I had the trails to myself.

When do you leave for A&M? Taking the bike with you?

i have orientation july 31st- aug 1st. i'll move a few days before school starts (around aug. 20)

i'd love to take my bike, but i'm gonna wait to get aquainted with the place before i bring it with me. also, my parents think i care about dirtbiking a little more than i do about school ?:thumbsup:

i'm using pj1 foam filter cleaner and bel ray oil. i guess everytime i remove or install it, the filter gets cuts from inside the airbox ? i'm going back to oem for the excellent seal it has over twin air too.

Yup... I took a file to the area and smoothed it out.

I was tearin' up my no-toils... but they came cheap, so it wasn't too much a problem. ? ... I've gone back to using stock, for the best seal/fit.

• Like 1

Yup... I took a file to the area and smoothed it out.

I was tearin' up my no-toils... but they came cheap, so it wasn't too much a problem. ? ... I've gone back to using stock, for the best seal/fit.

that's on my to do list before the new one goes in ? thx:ride:

i'd love to take my bike, but i'm gonna wait to get aquainted with the place before i bring it with me.

Good idea actually. I've seen people's bicycles raped for parts when I was at Texas Tech while they were in class.

also, my parents think i care about dirtbiking a little more than i do about school ?:thumbsup:
What gives them that impression??

Good idea actually. I've seen people's bicycles raped for parts when I was at Texas Tech while they were in class.

damn... i have a bicycle that i'm gonna need to take. thanks for the heads-up.

What gives them that impression??

i'm the type that doesn't need to study to get good grades and i'm also lazy at other tasks, but i always carry through although they get worried that i won't. :bonk: they say i should put as much effort into school as i do dirtbiking, but again i'm naturally good at school so they don't see me trying....

so to them, all they see is me and my love towards the bike and the ladies ? i suppose one's hobbies are always to blame upon disapproval and it's comical to see how the complaints vary, but always focus upon my choices of relaxation. it used to be the computer games ?

i know why i'm going to school though ---> ? / :bonk:

so to them, all they see is me and my love towards the bike and the ladies ? i suppose one's hobbies are always to blame upon disapproval and it's comical to see how the complaints vary

But does dad complain at all when you bring home a hottie with big tits? I doubt it. He just thinks to himself how he wishes he were 18 again!?

But dont'cha have to bring one home first for him to get jealous?! ?

?

It's El Paso...hookers are cheap and plentiful.?

How does the ZZ Top song go?

"They all call her Puta 'cuz no one really knows her name."

"Her mama was Mex'can and her daddy was the ace of spades."

?

i see you speak from personal experience ?

My first year in college at TT, when I was still new to Texas, some friends took me to Juarez for a weekend of drinking...and a mule show. ? I know what goes on where you live!?