What do you think about motul???

I am currently using motul premix and my local mechanic says that it gums up way to much for the pv. He recommends spectro but i got 6 bottles of motul for 5 bucks each. I dont really want to switch but if i need to i will. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

when i first got my bike i was mixing motul 800 at 40 : 1 it ***^&%$ gummed up the whole bike. My mechanic rang up some ktm tech guy from aus and he said that KTM has been having problems using motul oil. he reccomened motorex at 60 : 1, have had no problems =)

I had very bad luck with Spectro. I run Motul 800 and have had EXCELLENT results. But Motul makes many different brands. You're results will very.

Do a search here for the "best smelling premix" you'll find more good suggestions then you can handle.

40:1 in a KTM 300. :thumbsup:

Motul's chain lube I hate.

I have been running Motul 710 for the past few years with no problems.

when i first got my bike i was mixing motul 800 at 40 : 1 it ***^&%$ gummed up the whole bike. My mechanic rang up some ktm tech guy from aus and he said that KTM has been having problems using motul oil. he reccomened motorex at 60 : 1, have had no problems =)

I would also recomment Motorex at 60:1. That's what I run in my 250sx and I've had no problems.

I am currently using motul premix and my local mechanic says that it gums up way to much for the pv. He recommends spectro but i got 6 bottles of motul for 5 bucks each. I dont really want to switch but if i need to i will. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

We have run Motul 800 for 3 seasons on a fleet of race bikes, zero issues. Great stuff. When it comes to oil, you can get a bazillion different answers. Kind of like "which plug"

I don't know where that comment about the PV comes from.

I ran factory line 800 for a couple of years in a 99 YZ250 and when I did a top end the PV was clean. No sign of gumming.

A friend of mine is sponsored by them so go in with his order and run it in all my bikes:

Factory line 800 for premix in my 300 XC (40:1), and the 300V for my CRF450. And I use their transmission oil in both. Good stuff.

spectro is a "blend" of regular oil and synthetic (read bottle), so it is in no way better than a 100% synthetic for the power valves.

Joe

I have been using Golden Spectro at 52:1 since 1970. I have NEVER seized a motor or had a crank bearing go out in my life. I have used it in everything from a DT60 to my sons KX65 and in every KTM I have ever had from a 1975 250MX to my 2006 250sx. I had a 1987 250MX top end last 14 years on it!

It's good stuff!

ive been using motul 800 2t for the whole life of my bike ( 06 ktm 250sx) and NEVER once have i had a problem with it! my bike is used for FMX and putting round paddocks and runs fine! never ever have i had a single problem with it!