Sign in to follow this  

My small mirror mod

Well, I was at it again and finally found a mirror mod I liked. It was pretty expensive at $2.50 a peace, for a total of $5.00. I bought some 2 inch adjustable mirrors from Harbor Freight and mounted them with zipties. All you have to do is pop off the mirror from the base, drill two 1/4 inch holes for the zipties, attach the base with the zipties, and pop the mirror back into the base. The mirrors aren't the best, but they do work and are legal. For the amount of street riding I do, almost none, they are perfect. I always was afraid of really hurting my wrists in a getoff with the stock mirrors, and have actually wacked the mirrors in fast whoops. So this mod does the trick. They also swivel, so you can adjust the viewing position. Notice the little red caps I used to plug the stock mirror threads with.

ff9bcf6d.jpg

13e9b774.jpg

Very simple,yet clever.I saw a post in the 450x forum a few months back and there is a guy that has a machine and fabrication shop that makes guards like that with fold out mirrors integrated into the guard.But for 5 bucks you cant beat that.

Looks good! :thumbsup:

Fold out mirrors are nice, but as some Hypermotarders are finding out, there not very good for lane splitting.

I can't believe that is legal! Did you check with the DMV?

Mirrors

26709. (a) Every motor vehicle registered in a foreign jurisdiction and every motorcycle subject to registration in this state shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

Every motor vehicle subject to registration in this state, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with not less than two such mirrors, including one affixed to the left-hand side.

Mirrors

26709. (a) Every motor vehicle registered in a foreign jurisdiction and every motorcycle subject to registration in this state shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

Every motor vehicle subject to registration in this state, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with not less than two such mirrors, including one affixed to the left-hand side.

Thanks, it does meet that criteria. It is a fisheye mirror, so you can actually see quite a ways back, if you arrange your arm just right, :thumbsup:

Thanks, it does meet that criteria. It is a fisheye mirror, so you can actually see quite a ways back, if you arrange your arm just right, :thumbsup:

LOL, good job !!

Very simple,yet clever.I saw a post in the 450x forum a few months back and there is a guy that has a machine and fabrication shop that makes guards like that with fold out mirrors integrated into the guard.But for 5 bucks you cant beat that.

Two bucks for two mirrors- another Chinese fire sale

Two bucks for two mirrors- another Chinese fire sale

That's $5 for two mirrors thank you. :thumbsup: