Sign in to follow this  

DynoJet Kit for your 650L or 650R Review It

So I hard a hard time finding peoples thoughts on the dynojet kit other than that it is expensive. So I figured this thread would help many. Everyone with Dynojet Kits please chime in to the following questions:

1. When did you install the jet kit?

2. What do you like about the jet kit?

3. What do you not like about the jet kit?

4. What are your thoughts on driveability once the jet kit was installed. (idling, etc)

I installed the kit on my L shortly after I bought the bike,then because of this forum I found out about Daves mods so I tried them and I was happier with them. I then went with a mikuni flat slide that I prefer over all.

on my L the PO had installed the dynojet kit(does not include pilot jet)...i ordered/installed Keihin jets(pilot & main) did Dave's Mods and the bike runs much better...have since done a R to L carb swap, runs even better :thumbsup:

the fact that the DJ kit does NOT include a pilot jet is the biggest downside other than cost BUT it's better than the stock setup.

:thumbsup:

I had one too. No pilotjet in the kit, so you still need that. I never tried Dave's mods, so I cant comment on them.

I eventually ended up with a non-mx FCR 41 pumper and is an excellent carb.

Do yourself a favor and do Daves' mods.

I have a combo going on right now. I found that when NY switched to 10% ethanol it leaned my bike out considerably. I still do not have it perfect but it is much better than stock. I have keihin 55 pilot jet, the dyno needle in the recommended slot and the DJ 160 main. Normal mods uni-filter and pulled snorkel. Right now I am a bit rich on the gasahol and way rich when I get some gas from a station that has not switched over yet. I am considering tweaking and cannot decide between going to a 52 pilot or leaning out the needle one notch. I am leaning toward the needle because I notice the most issue on throttle between 50%-75% so that it probably the direction I will go. Of course this will mean I have to take the time to rip the carb off of this thing....so hard to find the time!!!