Sign in to follow this  

98 RXCe 620 Stupid question

Ok sorry for the stupid question. Just picked up a ktm. The ignition has 4 positions Park, OFF, ON1 and ON2. Why/What is there two ON's? :thumbsup:

Thanx

Ok sorry for the stupid question. Just picked up a ktm. The ignition has 4 positions Park, OFF, ON1 and ON2. Why/What is there two ON's? :thumbsup:

Thanx

I'm thinking 1 could be start/run

2 could be park lights

But only guessing:excuseme:

Does the bike run on them both ??

Maybe it has two map settings - 1 for the tight/twisty 2 for fast/open

Yeah i'll shut-up now:blah:

Does it only start on "on2" but will run on both on1 and on2

I had a 99 Husaberg 400 that had two on positions,it would start on on2 but then was switched to on1..I think it was so if you accidentally hit the starter button while the engine was running it would not be possible to engage the starter motor.

Thanx for the reply. This one will start and run on both positions. I have the owners manual and even it doesnt say what On2 is for.

I agree. I have a 98 400 RXC and the original owner's manual (covers both bikes). The manual says

ON 1 = ignition on, light on

On 2 = ignition on, light on

I think you can use them to set up different lighting arrangements. If you wanted to install extra lights you can use one position for certain lights and the other for different lights or other accessory's.

Ok sorry for the stupid question. Just picked up a ktm. The ignition has 4 positions Park, OFF, ON1 and ON2. Why/What is there two ON's? :ride:

Thanx

I think you can use them to set up different lighting arrangements. If you wanted to install extra lights you can use one position for certain lights and the other for different lights or other accessory's.

Ahhhhh Now that makes sense. Probably Would have to change the wiring at the ignition? Thanx Glen. I can stop scratching my head now!!! :rant::mad::lol::D:ride:;):p

Ahhhhh Now that makes sense. Probably Would have to change the wiring at the ignition? Thanx Glen. I can stop scratching my head now!!! :D:p :p :p:rant::mad::lol:

:ride:;):p