what state has the best mx tracks

if you could choose a state to live in for the best riding what state would it be and why??

Maybe I'm biased, but Im gonna say Texas. We have a lot of tracks with good dirt, and year round riding, although summer can be pretty brutal. Some of the tracks we have: Cycle Ranch-Oak Hill-Swan-Lake Whitney-Three Palms and the soon to be resurected to it's original design-Rio Bravo.

i was thinking texas calafornia or forida:excuseme:

kansas isnt very good at all we have hard pack clay and there arent very many tracks::thumbsup:

i would have to say. either cali or the florida

I have watched some videos of some of the Cali tracks, and it looks like some of them have some pretty big rocks on them. I would imagine if a rock comes off the tire of a 450, it would break a finger, hand or teeth.:thumbsup:

I know that here in Cali, we have great tracks. Just some within 2 hours of my house are ; Milestone, Lake Elsinore, Perris, Starwest, Glen Helen, Pala Mx soon, Comp Edge, race Town 395, and Peru Mx

Elsinore is a very bad track, with HORRIBLE dirt.

Well let me just throw this out there. The reason why the AMA doesnt more motocross races here in Texas is because they said that are tracks were to well taken care of that they werent brutal enough. So im going to go ahead and say Texas. Ive ridden in kansas, oklahoma, and florida (visiting an old friend) and Texas definately has the best out of those.. California is a close 2nd.

i vote AGAINST Arizona. Theres like 6 in our state. they arent worth the drive anymore for a "weekend warrior" like me.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd say Cali. Theres so many over there. even though i've never been riding over there, I really wanna do a Riding Trip and hit those tracks.

some of the dirt here does suck.. when they dont prep it right.. when its ripp deep we have some of the best dirt.. behind florida.. it must be all the humidity that keeps the dirt most.. also getting hit with rocks is the name of the game.. if your stupid enough to follow someone on a 450. you deserve to get hit with a rock.. thats why i dont feel sorry when i come out of the turn and look back and someone is in my same line covered in dirt...

cali !! starwest, perris, elsinore, I5 mx, racetown395, comp edge, glen helen, amago, cahuilla creek, hangtown, carlsbad raceway(RIP)

Washington state has some great tracks, the problem is, they are spread out all over the state, so there is no "One" good place to live here.

Also, our dirt is top notch in most places

California and then Fl.

Cali has some nice tracks BUT the riding there isn't as good as some other states..the whole red and green sticker thing is so stupid. Ohio isn't to bad.

California.

Living here in Georgia I am told that Alabama has some great tracks.

The meca of motocross, Calif. Theres a reason pro's move here to Ca. to train and get faster. Florida is also becoming a training ground. Everyones forgot to mention Mammoth. Great tracks with year round riding (summer does get hot though).

MA...............not

Cali has some nice tracks BUT the riding there isn't as good as some other states..the whole red and green sticker thing is so stupid. Ohio isn't to bad.

You dont need a red or green sticker to ride tracks.

I know that here in Cali, we have great tracks. Just some within 2 hours of my house are ; Milestone, Lake Elsinore, Perris, Starwest, Glen Helen, Pala Mx soon, Comp Edge, race Town 395, and Peru Mx

Elsinore is a very bad track, with HORRIBLE dirt.

"just some within 2 hours"......= NINE tracks.....talk about heaven......

i'm in CT....there is one track an hour away you can ride daily....southwick is 45 minutes but only has like 3 open practices a year.....3 tracks in ny are about an hour and 45-2 hours away but again same deal as southwick....only a few open practices a year......

would be unreal to have a choice of NINE tracks within two hours ....especially tracks that are open daily to the regular joe.....