DIY build your own mini bike from scratch! i am!

hey guys.

recently my frame snapped in half so i have brought a new frame. a terra moto pro 1 (twin spa alloy) i like it alot very chunky welds.

well any way i have found out alot of my old parts wont fit it. only my engine! (gpx yx 150cc)

so im starting from scratch

this is what i have orderd and brought allready

gpx 150cc klx style engine = $600

my sexy frame = $800

fast ace rear shock bs66 = $160 n the shop for 350 but ebay rules!

protapper crf50 hi rise bars = $100

fast ace front forks 700mm = $500

front and rear rims on motard's 12" = $200

twin piston fron calipor brakes = $70

twin piston rear = $60

BBR style disk brakes free with brakes

genuine terra moto tripple clamps = $450 BLOODY RIP OFF

my old rims with knobbys on them = free

total= :thumbsup: $2940 didnt wana spend that much ( need to buy a car soon)

My swing arm dose not foi properly so i have to order terra moto swing arm $400 i donut wanna spend that much !

yer thats pretty much it i probably for got some bits to list but o well u get the idea.

ALSO im filming the making of it and puting it on you tube so if u wana see me putting it 2 gether you can watch it also u can see all the parts that i got :thumbsup:

ill keep use up 2 date:thumbsup:

Cheese and Rice, that's a lot of money and work, but when you get through, you can say I made that. I'm a lot like you, I love to make stuff even though It probably would be cheaper to go buy it.

We have a freak of nature we affectionately call "Yamasaki". We had a TTR 90 that we over bored and made an intake manifold for too. It ran well, but my son pretty much beat the suspension off of it. We also had his old KX 65 sitting in the corner with no engine. Well the two got married. We put the TTR motor on the KX. It was a fabrication nightmare, but it went well. We have a torquey little motor, and a bike with racing suspension and disc brakes. I removed the centrifugal clutch from the engine, but left the regular set of clutches. I cut out the center of the two pieces of the centrifugal clutch assembly and welded them together and made it direct drive. When you shift it into gear, you just hold up on the shifter and that keeps the clutches released. All you do is ease off the shifter like a clutch then go like normal. Post up some pics or your movie when you can.

o and to day i brought a terra motoswing arm for 300 and a alloy sub frame for 120.

my swing arm wouldent fit ay

Your bike reminds me of one of Johnny Cash's songs.

Your bike reminds me of one of Johnny Cash's songs.

what the ring of fire ahah? your yamazarki sounds like a peice of work... sounds pretty interesting aswell.

and your right i cant wait to finish it crack a beer and be like.

YER I MADE THAT !

its my CUSTOM ride hehe!!!!:ride:

Post them on photobucket or something. I want to see that thing!

Been there done that, but not for $3000, mine was about $800. :worthy:

dfkholdinglifan138-2.jpg

If you can't lift your bike it is too heavy for this 72 year old!!!!!!!!

A little bicycle -- double disc 8" front brakes, rims and downhill forks, a little old -- 30 year old race motorcycle shocks I built and sold, a little new -- engine 138cc, a little unique -- I built the frame, hubs and swing arm.

Don :D

mybike.jpg
Can't see the pics, your myspace is set to private. Use photobucket or another photo hosting site.

done mate

mybike.jpg

He put the :D

P.S. What's going on with the rear brake pedal? Is it bent or something??

mybike.jpg?t=1224067714' alt='mybike.jpg?t=1224067714'>

Wow thats pretty cool!

that is awesome! make me one!!Ill pay you i promise!haha

Been there done that, but not for $3000, mine was about $800. :worthy:

dfkholdinglifan138-2.jpg

If you can't lift your bike it is too heavy for this 72 year old!!!!!!!!

A little bicycle -- double disc 8" front brakes, rims and downhill forks, a little old -- 30 year old race motorcycle shocks I built and sold, a little new -- engine 138cc, a little unique -- I built the frame, hubs and swing arm.

Don :D

Salsa that thing is feeakin' sick! I like the Manitou mountain bike fork.

When I real this thread title DIY Minibike, all that was going through my head was "Please don't be made of wood please don't be made of wood"

Dannnggg Salsa..a Rams MC sticker, it's been a long time since I saw one of those.:D

looks good but i cant say id go out and spend 3k on one of these

He put the :D

P.S. What's going on with the rear brake pedal? Is it bent or something??

mybike.jpg?t=1224067714' alt='mybike.jpg?t=1224067714'>

umm well its not realy 100% finished and i havent hooked the main piston to the leaver you may also notice there isnt a front brake :worthy: