Sign in to follow this  

What size SM rotor?

My '07 SM has a 310mm rotor stock.

I recently tried to install the Braking 320mm kit but the bracket moves the caliper too far out from the rotor.

I'm thinking the later SM's had a larger diameter rotor than the earlier ones and therefore the fork leg mounts are out further to allow that.

Has anyone had experience in installing a 320mm kit on an '07 up DRZ400 SM?

yes that is the ishoo with the little braket from to do the convertion

what part did you buy ( part # and brand ) so we can help you better

My '07 SM has a 310mm rotor stock.

I recently tried to install the Braking 320mm kit but the bracket moves the caliper too far out from the rotor.

I'm thinking the later SM's had a larger diameter rotor than the earlier ones and therefore the fork leg mounts are out further to allow that.

Has anyone had experience in installing a 320mm kit on an '07 up DRZ400 SM?

They all come with 310mm rotors. Im using the Braking bracket with a EBC 320 rotor and have no issues. Are you having trouble getting the rotor and wheel mounted or whats the issue.

I'll take some tomorrow. Basically the caliper doesn't sit far enough down for the pads to make full contact with the rotor.

Thanks guys

I'll take some tomorrow. Basically the caliper doesn't sit far enough down for the pads to make full contact with the rotor.

Thanks guys

How much of the rotor is making contact with the pads. Mine is about 3/4 of a inch.

Does it make contact with the swept area of the rotor or further up along the "waves"?

We are using different rotors but here is a pic of mine and you can see where the rotor and pads make contact.wawawhat005-1.jpg