Cooling fan

I still have my fan kit from my 04, anyone tried using one of these on an 07. I was thinking of just wiring it directly to the battery possible with a toggle switch to make sure it is off. It was originally just connected to a hot wire in the taillight lead.

Yes the fans do cool the motor and the weight gain is small.

yes it is the part number is 19000-KSC-000. it goes for about $310.00

Wow:eek: That is pretty expensive. I may just get the aftermarket radiators as One of mine is already pretty twisted. Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

$ 208.55 from Service Honda. TT will price match too.

That is much more reasonable. Thanks for the info. Do you think aftermarket radiators or the fan would be a better option? My bike boils pretty easily. BTW I am running a Rekluse (I am not sure wether or not that is contributing to the problem).

Does it only boil while rockcrawling?? i.e. no air passing thru rads?

If so, a fan would most likely help.

The Rekluse and it's constant slipping will definately build up more heat in the crankcase.

It tends to boil even in moderate temps on singletrack and sand washs. I can feel the clutch cover cooking my foot through my boots:eek: So I know the Rekluse is contributing to the heat. I think I will try the fan and just have the radiators straightened.

If you use radiator braces or aftermarket guards, some of them don't fit with the cooling fan installed--might want to investigate before buying.

Good point. I forgot about that. I have the Flatlands.

maybe you should look at aftermarket clutch covers that hold more oil if the clutch is getting that hot :ride:

Maybe check out engine ice and/or two 2 cool oil treatment stuff

I have the SFB cover and use the thicker gasket so it has extra capacity. Does Engine Ice serve as anti freeze as well? In the AM before the races it is frezzing during the winter. So I need something that will not freeze over.

From the website:

"Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256 °F or less and freeze-up protection to -27° F. "

Thank you sir. I will add some after I get my radiators staightened out.

If your running a little lean ...that will make it run hotter also....Have you read the spark plug yet to see whats the combustion chamber temp is. It might be a jetting only problem. I've never herd my bike boil yet in three years of riding everything , everywhere in very humid hot conditions. Maybe it is your clutch....????

If your running a little lean ...that will make it run hotter also....Have you read the spark plug yet to see whats the combustion chamber temp is. It might be a jetting only problem. I've never herd my bike boil yet in three years of riding everything , everywhere in very humid hot conditions. Maybe it is your clutch....????

Jetting is pretty spot on. I never noticed the problem until I installed the Rekluse. The clutch does not seem to be slipping at all (I would think if it were, the plates would be toast by now). I'll try Engine Ice. If that does not work I will go to the fan.