Big thanks to 24seven!!!

After posting on here last week about trying to help my friend (Matt Goerke) dial in his factory WP suspension who's riding in the Lites class he called me from Aussie land and confirmed what I though about him having to stiff a spring on the shock. I had Matt convince his team on what he needed and so they got the right spring and I dialed him in before he left for Unadilla.

Well Matt called me this afternoon from 'dilla to say thanks and was really happy as he had his best ride of the season, running as high as 3rd in Moto 1 but after a cpl of slide outs in both motos (wet corners) eventually ended up 6th overall:applause: Said it was like a different bike.

doc

thats great that you have made a differece to a top grade rider who i can watch on the TV :thumbsup: makes you feel like we are not so small?

After posting on here last week about trying to help my friend (Matt Goerke) dial in his factory WP suspension who's riding in the Lites class he called me from Aussie land and confirmed what I though about him having to stiff a spring on the shock. I had Matt convince his team on what he needed and so they got the right spring and I dialed him in before he left for Unadilla.

Well Matt called me this afternoon from 'dilla to say thanks and was really happy as he had his best ride of the season, running as high as 3rd in Moto 1 but after a cpl of slide outs in both motos (wet corners) eventually ended up 6th overall:applause: Said it was like a different bike.

doc

I think sometimes the factory mechanics get "too close" to the situation...instead of doing what their "specs" say, they should just do what works...

Nice job!:thumbsup:

doc

Good Job:thumbsup:

You should really get Ken's setting into the shock, the spring is only half the battle. With the right spring the valving is a little different because your not trying to make up for the lack of progressiveness. It will take them to a new level and new direction. The theory works on the STD and SXS shocks too by the way. Some one needs to convince WP to make a new range of springs. With the right range of springs the call for linkages would disappear. We havn't been able to do it from here.

wp knows how to make good suspension, its just the whole world needs to be convinced that it is good-not the other way round :thumbsup:

Glad to help out, anytime we can make a KTM work better and get some results is a good thing.It would be great if we could make some valving changes, then you would see some real progressiveness in the shock and dare I say it, would work more like a linkage system !

It kills me every time someone bags on the PDS shock when I know it can work as good or better (crazy talk) as anything.:thumbsup:

You should really get Ken's setting into the shock, the spring is only half the battle. .

Well, I know this as I work on a lot of WP suspension but basically wanted to make sure what I thought was happening on the Factory stuff was the same thing I would of fixed on the stock stuff and it was.....thanks Ken:thumbsup:

In the end tho I was just trying to help a friend and since we're talking about 1 of the MDK factory bikes there is nothing more I can do but just give my ideas. They have there own people working on them.

Matt lives close to me and since I use his practice tracks to test and dial any of my riders in I was just trying to help him out too.

doc

It kills me every time someone bags on the PDS shock when I know it can work as good or better (crazy talk) as anything.:thumbsup:

I hear ya:applause:

doc

from what i have read about the mxt setup it is actually better than a jap shock, now someone just needs to make a pds work as good as a jap bike for a similar price as a jap bike(eg a 07 yzf needs almost no money spent on it to work well) a mxt setup for a 07 pds is like $500? more? i dont want to bag on mxt as they deserve credit for getting it to work well, its just ktm people must get fed up paying $$$$$ for a new bike then a ton more to make it work well.We all expect to pay for springs if we are heavy and light but in 2008 we should not have to redesign the shock for it to work for the average rider dont we aggree?

wp knows how to make good suspension, its just the whole world needs to be convinced that it is good-not the other way round :thumbsup:

Thats just exactly what Jaqueline Ross (who's leading the Canadian Womans Nationals) and her Dad found out after we got her on that KTM144 and dialed in after years on Honda's.

She made a decision within a few days to give up "free" Honda's and have to go "buy" the KTM.

doc

Right on Doc,teach them factory boys!! Err.. a...good job helping them out:ride:

Gatta get another Floridian back on top:prof:

Right on Doc,teach them factory boys!! Err.. a...good job helping them out:ride:

Well I think the biggest problem is a lot of these teams hire "kids" so to speak and expect them to suddenly be a "factory" or "suspension" mechanic. Not all, but many of them seem to not want to test or know how to really. You know the ones that are more worried about how there hair or sunglasses look:cool: rather than get down to business.......:thumbsup:

doc

Exactly Doc, which brings up a good question.

Of all the factory mechanics we grown to love over the years, which one`s could actualy do a decent revalve job from scratch?

I think some may be "part installers:ride: with pretty hair:banana: !!"

My hair is done these days so I had to mention the hair:bonk:

My hair is done these days so I had to mention the hair:bonk:

Then YOU could be a factory 'canic:lol:

doc

When I say "done" I mean "DONE" as in bald:ride: Not "done" as in at some "Winter Park" park ave salon:eek:

P.S. As far as a "canic",, I`ve worked on many national riders bikes over the years and I`ll tell you "I don`t need any more stinkin tires"!!!!!

and please tell Jimmy Jarret that he still owes me a billet throttle tube next time you guys see him!! I`m waiting..........aluminum prices are real good right now!