Sign in to follow this  

better turning

i know this may be in the wrong section for my question so sorry.. but for a yamaha 250f what would you say is the best triple clamp. with a money to performance ratio in mind.

Also what offset would you recommend, im looking at the rg3 22mm offset clamps but thats more money than i really feel like forking out.

what year? i hear the 08 really works well as delivered.

first year with the aluminum frame an 06.. i probably wont do anything to it though money is a little tight right now but id just like an opinion.

Make sure your shock sag is not over 100mm. Try 95mm. Also try raising the forks up 5mm in the clamps. Might as well, wont cost you anything

:thumbsup:

i went to a lowered front and rear and a offset axle and my yzf turned really well...until i rode a 07 rmz LOL

Also what offset would you recommend, im looking at the rg3 22mm offset clamps but thats more money than i really feel like forking out.

We've installed several of these on customer bikes with great results. You just missed a good deal as I sold a set of these for $325 about 2 weeks ago.

doc

also would changing the offset to 22 make the bars try to get shaky or take away from the stability of the bike

also would changing the offset to 22 make the bars try to get shaky or take away from the stability of the bike

It wont hurt the stability. What will happen that I feel is a negative is the steering will have a heavier feel.

For 07 Yamaha did a few things to help out the 06. They made the engine more upright in the frame, shortened the frames steering tube so its closer to the rider and finally lenghtened the rear shock a few mm"s. All to make the bike turn in better and have a lighter feel as it turns.