Best all around bike...off road + street???

I one could only have one bike...to hit the single track, fire roads, open country plus have a set of street tires and wheels for the street adventures...Is there a bike that comes close...knowing that there will be some drawbacks...Two that comes to mind...Honda XR650 or KTM525 EXC (plated of course)!

Any feedback appreciated:ride:

Check the June issue of Dirt Rider magazine for a comparison of a Ducati, KTM, BMW & Aprilla. It just might surprise you.

I'd go with the KTM 525 or 450 plated - my neighbor has a KTM450 exc plated and has a blast with it on or off road.

He told me today he's been making his own freeway on/off ramps complete with berms and jumps!!!!!!!

I'd go with the KTM 525 or 450 plated - my neighbor has a KTM450 exc plated and has a blast with it on or off road.

He told me today he's been making his own freeway on/off ramps complete with berms and jumps!!!!!!!

swwweeeeet. i would probably have my own personal freeway on/off ramps too

I've had a 2008 KTM 530 EXC R, and now have a KTM 950 Super Enduro. Both are fantastic dual sport bikes. I think the ideal dual sport bike would be a bike that is right between these two. The 530 was way too buzzy and tiring for riding 100 miles on the pavement to get to your riding area. The 950 is a tad too tall and heavy once you get to your riding area, but does surprisingly well for a bike of its size. A KTM 690 Enduro may be just the ticket. Or another equivalent brand in that size range.

3TV

I started off on a klr650 and I think that it is manditory to jump and make your own onramps. I now ride a xr650r and am loving it.