Trail work at Naches - 1388 trail

Me and three others rode the entire length of the 1388 on Friday and logged it out - there were two fairly large trees across the trail that you could go under, but in the way nonetheless, so we cut them out.

There is still a large double tree with root ball across the trail between 947 and 948 that we left in place since cutting it would have made a bigger mess. a work crew with large saw needs to remove that monster.

We also removed a mess along the 941 trail not too far from the eastern end of it yesterday.

Thank you,

I am going up there Thursday and love it when the wife and I don't have to worry about trees.:thumbsup:

There is still a large double tree with root ball across the trail between 947 and 948 that we left in place since cutting it would have made a bigger mess. a work crew with large saw needs to remove that monster.

This mess was cleaned up by the rangers and V-team Saturday afternoon. 1388 is all clear.

Slowbike thank you for your work in helping clear the trails. Please go to Cle Elum trails and send in the hour that you worked and work done. this helps get the funding needed to keep the trails open.

thanks again

Scott

Yes, that dang rootball took over an hour to clear ( would have been 1/2 with a sharp,decent running saw, eh Scott?) :thumbsup:

Joe