Sign in to follow this  

am i in too high a gear?

my dad says i am but it doesnt feel like it im in 5TH GEAR on my 2002 yz 250f around the turn and jump i run a 52 tooth sprocket and i dont get enough speed it feels like any where :thumbsup: would moving down to a 48 tooth in the back help and how much? sorry for the horrible camera man!

i cant really tell but it didnt look like you where on the gas too hard. it probably wouldnt hurt to shift down a gear

ya maybe. looks good to me. but why would you be in 5th gear here? or why would you ever be in 5th on a track? sound like you should be pinned in 3rd..

ya maybe. looks good to me. but why would you be in 5th gear here? or why would you ever be in 5th on a track? sound like you should be pinned in 3rd..

im in fifth because im faster than you!!:thumbsup:

you should be in at least 4th in that corner.. or gear your bike down so that you run all if not most of the track in 3rd.. also you have a rev limiter.. as long as your not always reving the hell out of it.. you should be fine..

I would say yes, you should be in 3rd in that corner IMO, maybe 4th if you were really haulin the mail. You look like you are just tip toeing through that corner, extremely tentative. Drop her down to 3rd and lean it over and let her rip!

ya man you should blow it up.. as long as ur not hitting the rev limiter every second you will be fine

No way you should be in 5th. You definitely need to be

down one, maybe even two gears.

Downshift the bike, try not to go over third, and run

the bike pretty hard around the track and see what

happens. A little field testing never hurt anyone, or

the bike......well, most of the time anyway.:thumbsup:

Like Zadok said - you need to be down at least two gears - looks like you're babying the bike through the corner - break hard and then accelerate all the way through...

4th at the most, dont be afraid to rev the bike out, just keep it off the chip, and get your balls up on the tank through the corners.

its just my first 4 stroke and im afraid of blwing it up by revving it high

Hahahaha, I had the same fear about the 4 strokes I ride when I got into Desert Racing. It will be fine and yes you were in to high of a gear.