74barrio

Do you have a picture of your header? I saw in one picture it looked wrapped.

Yes, it is wrapped...I cropped one of the photos:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=63358

super clean :thumbsup:

Yes, it is wrapped...I cropped one of the photos:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=63358

Damn kid... go ride that thing will ya?! :thumbsup:

Excellent wrap job Dan'O !!

I use .032 SS wire on each end to hold the wrap.

I do ride my bike, its just a little hot out right now. Anyway, that is a cropped "file photo" from a couple of months ago, the clutch cover and break pedal show some ware now and the header wrap is a little brown with a hole starting to develope :thumbsup:.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the bike is new and just gets toys put on it. I would love to have it sitting in my living room to look at all the time.

So what is the reason for wrapping them? I would think it holds in more heat.

I do ride my bike, its just a little hot out right now. Anyway, that is a cropped "file photo" from a couple of months ago, the clutch cover and break pedal show some ware now and the header wrap is a little brown with a hole starting to develope :thumbsup:.

hahaha... cool!

Tom, I wrapped my header to keep it from cooking my pants and leg. You drop a bike on ya... and it's best to keep it from melting skin. Sometimes pipe guards don't do the trick when your leg is up under the radiator area.

I now...

Have my header wrapped AND an E-Line CarbonF pipe guard over the top of it all. Best of both worlds... the wrap won't wear from my leg/boot... and the protection from burnage is excellent.

And Tom... you can get into the heat dissipation theorys with keeping the heat within the pipe as it exits the bike... with anyone, as there are tons of ideas on 'header wrap'.

:thumbsup:

Tom, I wrapped my header to keep it from cooking my pants and leg. You drop a bike on ya... and it's best to keep it from melting skin. Sometimes pipe guards don't do the trick when your leg is up under the radiator area.

:thumbsup: That's why mine is wrapped as well.

hahaha... cool!

I now...

Have my header wrapped AND an E-Line CarbonF pipe guard over the top of it all. Best of both worlds... the wrap won't wear from my leg/boot... and the protection from burnage is excellent.

And Tom... you can get into the heat dissipation theorys with keeping the heat within the pipe as it exits the bike... with anyone, as there are tons of ideas on 'header wrap'.

Well I don't think I will ever have that issue like you guys. I don't drop my bike like you. :thumbsup: Man that's a joke. My middle name is CRASH AND DROP.

JAT do you have a picture of yours also?

Have you seem the temp got up on your Vapor with it wrapped?

Well I don't think I will ever have that issue like you guys. I don't drop my bike like you. :thumbsup: Man that's a joke. My middle name is CRASH AND DROP.

JAT do you have a picture of yours also?

Have you seem the temp got up on your Vapor with it wrapped?

I don't run a Vapor anymore.

The wiring was too sensitive to my abusive nature, and always led to problems. Plus, I never used any of the features... since I have a GPS. The eng. temp thing was cool...but, I'll know if I'm too hot when the time ever comes. :thumbsup: ... (and eng.hours... I'm waaaay past that!)

Here ya go (the e-line is the better pipe guard I've noticed);

DSC06878.jpg

ive been wraping my exhaust since my first 4 stoke (01wr250f). and havent had any problems. ive heard of all the cracked ti pipe issues but guess ive been lucky. this is my 03.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=60075

Damn, JJ...I've never seen your bike that filthy....Looks AWESOME!!

Damn, JJ...I've never seen your bike that filthy....Looks AWESOME!!

I know... poor thing has been seriously neglected.

Dead battery, dirty, and only ridden at the D38 National (50 miles) and before that 85 miles. Since November of last year!!

See you 8/1! :thumbsup:

LOL....Looks like you've got it almost broken in finally:ride: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't run a Vapor anymore.

The wiring was too sensitive to my abusive nature, and always led to problems. Plus, I never used any of the features... since I have a GPS. The eng. temp thing was cool...but, I'll know if I'm too hot when the time ever comes. :thumbsup: ... (and eng.hours... I'm waaaay past that!)

Here ya go (the e-line is the better pipe guard I've noticed);

DSC06878.jpg

Whats the leash on the break do ? I've been thinking about getting a pipe guard. I'm always smoking my leathers.

Whats the leash on the break do ? I've been thinking about getting a pipe guard. I'm always smoking my leathers.

It's main function is a brake-snake.

To keep twigs or branches from lodging between lever and frame/case and keeping you from losing your breaking ability. Second function is if it comes loose... it'll stay on the bike (I have one on my shifter too for this reason).

It's main function is a brake-snake.

To keep twigs or branches from lodging between lever and frame/case and keeping you from losing your breaking ability. Second function is if it comes loose... it'll stay on the bike (I have one on my shifter too for this reason).

That's great. Do they sell those somewhere ?