Coming back to Orange for 09!

Had an 06 250xcw, sold it bought a 07 wr250f. Trying to decide between the 200xc and the 250 xcf, i know those are very different machines. But me being a small guy 5"8 150lbs what can i expect from the 200? Thought you two smoke guys could give me some advice!!

i just traded my 2007 yz250f for an 06 200xc + some cash. i didn't like the maitenance aspects and the top heavy feel of the 4-stroke. i love my 200. it hits as hard as any 250 2-stroke and handles like a dream. i am 6'2 200 lbs and the bike has no problems what so ever. i can ride longer and harder than i ever could on my thumper. i say go 200 ?

the 250xcf is expensive but quite heavier than the 200. you will love the 200. its got a good amount of bottom and its really fast, just about as fast as a 250. they are very light and very easy to manuver. they also have really good handling. i would def. recommend the 200XC.

Are you selling or keeping the WR?

What didn't you like about the 250W?

What don't ya like about the WR?

I had an 03 200 exc and loved it, but it got worn out so i sold it. Now im realizing that im very uncomfortable on the 250f, i just think i will be faster and smoother on the 200 xc.

I had an 03 200 exc and loved it, but it got worn out so i sold it. Now im realizing that im very uncomfortable on the 250f, i just think i will be faster and smoother on the 200 xc.

there ya go. Plus, it is cheaper to buy and cheaper to maintain. That's what I was getting at. Look at my sig, I tried to go back to a 4 stroke, it just ain't happening with the offering of 2 strokes. My 200 has been the best bike, for me, of all I have had. The SX is a close 2nd.

I am much smoother on a 2 stroke, the engine braking actually makes riding harder for me. I crashed more with my 4 strokes than I have with all my 2 strokes.

go 2 stroke think of the $2000 plus rebuild for the 4 stroke i was so stubburn rode a yz426f for 6 yrs and just bought a 08 300xc i rode 70mi and i felt like i rode 25mi on the yz go 2 stroke more time riding and less time maintaning good luck

Yeah the 200 is the way im going to go. I like the $1000 difference between the two. The cost of rebuild which mack stated. Gmoss you are my inspiration to go back to the 200, with your slew of other bikes! Haha

I rode an older 200 a few eeks back and was blown away by how fast they are....

Somehow I was expecting it to feel...Weak?

That thing was anything but. It felt faster than an older 250 I rode shortly afterwards as the motor seemed to have a "Burst" in the midrange that was thrilling yet very controllable.

If I ever get tired of my 300 puking coolant all over the trail a 2-hunny is right at the top of my list as well.

I never hear people talking about the 200's spitting coolant or doing anything wierd.

Thats a good thing!

I never hear people talking about the 200's spitting coolant or doing anything wierd.

Mine certainly behaves even on the gnarliest of trails. Of course I never got my 300 or 250 or fe550 to overheat either.

My 08 200 is about due for a top end. I bought it almost a year ago, while I was recovering from a broken femur, and it has about 230 hrs on it now.

Finally got a chance to ride an 08 200xc today, and loved everything about it. I could sit here all night and name things I like better about the 200 than my 250f. Now all i have to do is wait.

Finally got a chance to ride an 08 200xc today, and loved everything about it. I could sit here all night and name things I like better about the 200 than my 250f. Now all i have to do is wait.

I got that same feeling after riding an older chassied 200. It was frigging awesome. So light. So nimble. So fast!!!

Felt like a bionic mountainbike.

If I stumble across an older model this winter that I can liberate from its owner dirt cheap I will be adding a 200 to my collection....

Geared down like a trials bike with a set of tall bars. No stabilizer. trials tire. White plastic. Lots of protective bits.

Wonder how often I would take a 200 to the trail over my new 300?

Kinda scary thought that I almost dont wanna know the answer too!!!

I got that same feeling after riding an older chassied 200. It was frigging awesome. So light. So nimble. So fast!!!

Felt like a bionic mountainbike.

If I stumble across an older model this winter that I can liberate from its owner dirt cheap I will be adding a 200 to my collection....

Geared down like a trials bike with a set of tall bars. No stabilizer. trials tire. White plastic. Lots of protective bits.

Wonder how often I would take a 200 to the trail over my new 300?

Kinda scary thought that I almost dont wanna know the answer too!!!

? LMAO I have told many of my friends not to ride my bike unless they were ready to buy one. hahaha

sounds like you got bit as well.?

woulda been more but i missed a couple months with a broken collarbone, and I rode my husaberg 35 or so hrs, and my 250sx 40-50 over that timeframe.

I was suprised to see that I have 50 hours on my 300 already. Think I have had it 2 months or so.....

In the 12 months I owned my 525 I put just over 100 hours and 3000 miles on it and it seemed as if I rode it every week. It looked new when I sold it.

My 300 has 50 hours and 750 miles. Hard miles.Rocky root infestered miles. It still looks like a cleaner bike than would the avg asian built product. KTM's seem to take abuse very well.

Come back to Orange OP. You will be pleased!!!

Had an 06 250xcw, sold it bought a 07 wr250f. Trying to decide between the 200xc and the 250 xcf, i know those are very different machines. But me being a small guy 5"8 150lbs what can i expect from the 200? Thought you two smoke guys could give me some advice!!

You can expect light weight/snappy power:ride:

Damn, the little powerhouse even makes a good MX motor!

Chazmanian, I agree about these pumpkins taking abuse better than other bikes.

I rode the Leadbelt enduro a couple months back; gnarly rugged stuff, dropped it too many times to count. Came back looking like I hardly rode it (accept for some extra dirt of course.)