xr600r Ricky Stator

Okay, stators out. I'm getting a new stator soon. Saw that Ricky Stator sells a 200watt stator. Now, if I get this will my lights burn out? Is it too much power...or will it just make my lights brighter?

Okay, stators out. I'm getting a new stator soon. Saw that Ricky Stator sells a 200watt stator. Now, if I get this will my lights burn out? Is it too much power...or will it just make my lights brighter?

The regulator will keep your light from burning out. Your stock reg will work if you only connect one lighting coil. The stock stator is about 70 or 80 watts and a single coil on the Ricky Stator is 100 to 110. It's marginal and can fry if your headlight does fail. You should get the high power regulator and it's only $19 or something. If you parallel the coils a heavy duty reg is a must.

Carl, are you saying that running without a headlight will overload the electrical system? How about on the weak a$$ charging system (wattage wise) of the 650R?

The regulator will keep your light from burning out. Your stock reg will work if you only connect one lighting coil. The stock stator is about 70 or 80 watts and a single coil on the Ricky Stator is 100 to 110. It's marginal and can fry if your headlight does fail. You should get the high power regulator and it's only $19 or something. If you parallel the coils a heavy duty reg is a must.

Alright...so it WILL NOT burn out the stock light?

So, your saying if my light does fail than it can fry my stator? How do I keep this from happening?

Why would I need to parallel the coils? I'm kinda confused on what everything is called. I'm pretty sure a regulator keeps the watts down. And I have no clue what a coil does. Unless its the same coil I'm thinking of (one that creates spark)

I did look at this to get a better understanding...

http://www.rickystator.com/05technical/01installation/img/honda/RSXR600_A.pdf

Diagram 2 is the one I need right?

Thanks a lot!!!

Alright...so it WILL NOT burn out the stock light?

So, your saying if my light does fail than it can fry my stator? How do I keep this from happening?

Why would I need to parallel the coils? I'm kinda confused on what everything is called. I'm pretty sure a regulator keeps the watts down. And I have no clue what a coil does. Unless its the same coil I'm thinking of (one that creates spark)

I did look at this to get a better understanding...

http://www.rickystator.com/05technical/01installation/img/honda/RSXR600_A.pdf

Diagram 2 is the one I need right?

Thanks a lot!!!

Diagram two shows the first coil plugged into the stock wiring harness and the second used for aux lighting. Diagram one just shows the first coil plugged into the stock wiring. Unless you are hooking up additional lights use diagram 1. Just leave the green and white wires with the double female connections unconnected.

Carl, are you saying that running without a headlight will overload the electrical system? How about on the weak a$$ charging system (wattage wise) of the 650R?

With the simple regulators on our bikes all the electricity gets used. It all goes through the lights or the regulator. If the lights are off then 100% of the electricity goes through the regulator. The regulator can take the juice from the stock coil with a little margin. It can't take the full 200 watts of an upgraded stator.

Diagram two shows the first coil plugged into the stock wiring harness and the second used for aux lighting. Diagram one just shows the first coil plugged into the stock wiring. Unless you are hooking up additional lights use diagram 1. Just leave the green and white wires with the double female connections unconnected.

I can't thank you enough:thumbsup:

Also, is a heavy duty regulator necessary?