Sign in to follow this  

Hill Climbing

I love watching hill climbing competitions. There is one at Carnegie I've gone to a couple times. These guys are amazing! I wonder how many women compete in them? Probably very few if any. I saw a few in this amateur course they had. I was even going to try it but I was there to film that day.

Check out this clip:

That's pretty awesome! The question begs to be asked... who is more nuts, the guys riding or the guys on the ropes trying to catch the bikes and riders? :thumbsup:

thats a great video... I have seen it many times... shown it to my friends too... thats definitely something that I won't be trying in the next few months or even years, I would probably break my neck... hill climb is one thing, that video is completely something different =) we were out at Mojave this past weekend, did a few hill climbs there... fun times =)

Tangerine, It seems you have been doing A LOT of riding lately. Even in the heat. Your "hard core!" I knew it when you pulled up on that bike at the ranch!:thumbsup: Heck! Who needs a truck right? You are probably climbing many hills by now:applause:

That's pretty cool, would be fun to watch. Looks like a few of those bikes got pretty messed up.

Nice video, loved the mullet guy petting his hair too! :thumbsup:

yeah, gotta love a guy petting his hair

bbbom, you missed out, we would have showed you a nasty hillclimb at BC :thumbsup:, the guys always have a pee-fest (contest?) at the top (there's a trail with it's own fun chute-y rocky hillclimb to the top from the back).

Next year!

Way to rub it in PP! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I sent the letter off to get our entry fees back last Friday which almost made me cry, then after the discussion with the boss this morning and my rescheduled plans I'm thinking this whole working for a living STINKS!

:thumbsup:

I love watching hill climbing competitions. There is one at Carnegie I've gone to a couple times. These guys are amazing! I wonder how many women compete in them? Probably very few if any. I saw a few in this amateur course they had. I was even going to try it but I was there to film that day.

Check out this clip:

That is at our club here in Billings Montana. That is the pro hill, we also run a full day of 'trophy' climbs on a different hill on the Friday before the big climb, which happens to be this weekend. And....YES....we do have a womens class. There are a few gals that are just awesome....and nuts too. I will be catching or I would try to get some vid of some of the gals climbing, they are very impressive. If any of you are ever around Montana the last weekend of July, you should put it on your list of things to see.

http://billingsmotorcycleclub.us/interior.php?page=events&event_id=8

That is at our club here in Billings Montana. That is the pro hill, we also run a full day of 'trophy' climbs on a different hill on the Friday before the big climb, which happens to be this weekend. And....YES....we do have a womens class. There are a few gals that are just awesome....and nuts too. I will be catching or I would try to get some vid of some of the gals climbing, they are very impressive. If any of you are ever around Montana the last weekend of July, you should put it on your list of things to see.

http://billingsmotorcycleclub.us/interior.php?page=events&event_id=8

Please if you can, tape it and share it here. That would be great to see. I wanna see those girls climb. That must take some giant nerve. Im impressed by any girl who gives that a shot. Yep...Montana is the place for that I hear.

bbbom, you missed out, we would have showed you a nasty hillclimb at BC :thumbsup:, the guys always have a pee-fest (contest?) at the top (there's a trail with it's own fun chute-y rocky hillclimb to the top from the back).

Next year!

Okay, so I layed in bed all night thinking about nasty hillclimbs and feeling sorry for myself, then when I woke up this morning er got outa bed after not sleeping all night thinking of hillclimbs I thought, hmmmm if PP and hubby are camping Th - Sat then maybe I could get outa Spokaloo early enough Th to get in a ride Th and if they are game for Saturday, I could come back out Saturday.

So, now you've done it! Let me know if you would be up for a possible ride Th afternoon and Saturday. Gotta clean my air filter and check my tranny oil but otherwise the 5hunny is good to go.

Dang hillclimbs. :thumbsup:

I've seen one professional hillclimb - we were riding the street bikes thru Billings, saw the posters and decided to stick around for it - saw your video and thought wow, that looks just like the one we saw! It was truly amazing. The nitro assisted bikes, my cbr engine stuffed into a Honda XR frame...all kinds of hand built purpose made bikes.

They had a second not quite as steep hill the girls, vintage bikes, and smaller bikes were going up - it was still crazy tho.

My uncle who passed away a little over a year ago was totally into hillclimbing. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to ride with him. He had a severe brain injury from a snowmobile accident while I was in college so I never had a chance to ride with him.

But he was supposed to be at the Widowmaker hillclimb when they were filming "On Any Sunday". He had the wrong dates though so he missed the big film shoot. He went over the next weekend, the weekend he THOUGHT it was supposed to be anyways and climbed it on a stock bike without mods.

I can't remember what bike he was on, I'll have to ask my other uncle again next time he comes to ride with us.

PP, I'll give you a call tomorrow morning to let you know what my final plans are.

if u live in the new york area theres a hill climb comp at royal mountain this sunday

hillclimbing is so sick, id be down...have you SEEN what they do to those bikes?! theyre monsters. the hardcores have 1000 cc streetbike engines. and the tires...thy have like, claws on them! and the long swingarms...its nuts

awesome clip ... i like climbin hills but whollie thats a hill!

& nice to see at least one of em on the clip made it to the top!!

>:-)