Anyone had much experience with the IRC offroads?

Seems like a reasonably good tire for a decent price. I am thinking of a k760 rear but am un-convinced for a front. So I have been looking at IRC's. I think the front is at as important, if not moreso than the rear...so don't want to be sorry. Case and point, the K760 front looks NICE to me, but people complain about it...so go figure!#@$

Thanks and input appreciated,

Scott

I live in Arkansas...so we have a pretty hard/rocky terrain with occasional mud slop. I would say intermediate to hard with an emphasis on ROCKS.

Does that help? I would like to get a set of tires for < $80 if possilbe. The K760 trakmaster rear seems to be gathering favour...but not sure of a front. Both Michelin and Pirelli have good looking fronts but are $50-60/ea 🙂

Scott, I used a cheapo IRC front knobby for a while on my XL600R, it worked well off road. Didn't ride much street with it.

If you aren't worried about it being DOT, try a Cheng Shin C-755. I usually recommend these to buds who want to go cheap. I was surprised to see quite a few riders using them at the Ozark Fall Color Tour. A dude rode up from Georgia on his BMW R100GS, but had an extra set of wheels sent to the motel with C-755's on them 🙂

3.00-21 is $28.95 from http://www.swmototires.com

You'll need to order 2 tires to get free shipping. They don't show the Kenda K760, but they have the 270. I would ask them though, sure they can get 760's.

Another DOT tire nobody mentions is the Cheng Shin C-858. The front sucks off road, but the rear is pretty good. I think if I was gonna go as cheap as I could and wasn't worried about a DOT front, I'd use a C-755 front and a C-858 rear. The C-755 rear is good off road but wears quick on pavement.

i use the MB5 on the rear of my vintage motocrossers.i use them cuase they have massive knobs and they come in a lower profile 18.120/80-18 i think.but anyway,since they offer that i use it cuase its like having a 19 on the rear which is my preference.i dont like the squirm that the tall side wall on a 18 gives.

i stick to dunlop 756 on the from though.imho thats the best front tire available.

One of my riding buds runs a klr650 with K760's on it. I watched him yesterday ride straight up one of the gnarliest hillclimbs I've ever seen (snow/ice patches, wet leaves, rocks the size of basketballs, and a steady stream of water running down). He swears by em, rides em on the the road and they hold up there too (with high tire pressure). Doesn't like the front as much, says it's a little squirrelly, especially on the road.

Gotta try a set. But first gonna try a D739 desert AT rear with D739 reg front I found new on ebay.

I have a worn out IRC 33 on the rear. I like it just fine. I'm going to buy a track master in the Spring. Havn't decided what I like in the front yet. I know I don't like the MT21 too much, but they do last a long time. I didn't thing the MT18 was a whole lot better and I hear the front trackmaster stinks.