Sign in to follow this  

Did some free mods...

On my 07 WR 250F....Did the exhaust baffle and gray wire....:thumbsup:

Big difference....I started out this year on a TTR-230 got the WR which was a huge increase in power....now the mods....

Need to do the throttle screw this weekend and research further mods!!!

throttle screw should be FIRST and FOREMOST!!!

glenn

Gonna get to the throttle stop screw this weekend.....can't wait.:thumbsup:

Is the location of this screw on the 2007 the same as the older ones referenced in the FAQ's??

Is the location of this screw on the 2007 the same as the older ones referenced in the FAQ's??

yeah, it should be on the rh side of the carb

there is a grey wire that goes from the cdi box to the frame to ground out.

when grounded, it selects the WR mapping, which basically retards the powerband from 4~8k rpm, its supposed to help the 'FREE REVINGness' in conjunction with a throttle screw and the exhaust.

the throttle stop actually is supposed to keep the engine from getting too much air and fuel at lower rpms, like going WOT will lower performance under 8k or something like that.

forgot where I read it sorry

So will only doing the grey wire mod on a 98 make any difference? Or do you need to do both the throttle stop and grey wire? And is the throttle screw mentioned above the same as the throttle stop? I am confused!! And how hard is it to do the throttle stop? Thanks in advance

the throttle stop is a screw in the back of the carb

all the mods are designed to work with each other, doing one will increase power though.

you do the throttle stop, your ignition is still retarded, pardon the pun

you do the ignition, your throttle stop won't let you go WOT

you do the ignition and the stop, your bike won't breathe cause your jetting airbox snorkel and exhaust baffle choke it like a 5 dollar hooker

you do all the mods and you can't keep traction

you will see performance from all, but most from grey wire and the stop.

i don't think they made a 1998 wr250f, wait, you must mean 08 right?

you will like the power, trust in me when I say, ... lol :thumbsup:

So will only doing the grey wire mod on a 98 make any difference? Or do you need to do both the throttle stop and grey wire? And is the throttle screw mentioned above the same as the throttle stop? I am confused!! And how hard is it to do the throttle stop? Thanks in advance

I have a 98 400. Sorry I should have read better that this was a 250 being discussed. So with that said does all the same still aply

I have a 98 400. Sorry I should have read better that this was a 250 being discussed. So with that said does all the same still aply

i'm not too sure on a 98 WR400, but... i do know its like that on a 2 thousand & FIVE DoubleYOUaRe Four-Fitty. yes I am tired so i act like i'm from da hood

When you get the money you need to pull that AIS crap off and throw it in the garbage. I did it for a friend, we put the GYTR kit on in it's place. Here's what it looks like if your not sure.

partimage.gif

Here's the GYTR replacement kit.

gyt-5um93-69-00-250.jpg

is there any kind of mods like that for the yz 250 f?

no, these are the mods to turn a WR into a YZ, wr's come detuned to meet emissions and sound laws

I just did the throllte scew and it made a nice difference. I also have the grey wire done.

Where did you buy your throttle srew, and how much was it?

go to your dealer, ask for the yzf throttle stop screw...

here is a photo for reference

1206471442.jpg

it should be at most 5 dollars.

I bought mine at chaparral motorsports in san bernardino, ca. it came with my GYT-R AIS removal kit... which tells you how to convert your WR into a Wide Range YZ-f

Where did you buy your throttle srew, and how much was it?

I bought mine through my local dealer. If you just ask them for the yzf throttle screw, they may not have a clue what you're talking about. I know my dealer didn't. Here's the part number (5NL-14591-00-00), (thanks to Willian1). The price was $18 and some change. I was surprised at how much this little screw cost. It made a difference so it was worth it. How this helps.

Tony