Sign in to follow this  

stiffer springs less oil ????????

I have been calling a few suspension people getting some prices for a front end revalve etc today and asking what they would do,

one chap seemed very clued up and said he would go for a heavier spring but run the oil level at the minimum this way it will ride smooth over the small stuff but the heavier springs would stop it bottoming on the big landings,

does this make sense or is he talking crap and trying to get some more money out of me for some diffrent springs

it all depends on the bike and your weight, post up some details and we will give you a opinion.

its a 06 kxf450 i weigh 220lbs and am an adverage club rider

the kxf 450 is a unusual animal, you will need a rear shock spring for certain, maybe fork springs as well, the shock needs more compression and rebound damping, the forks need work as well, they have a very stiff inner chamber spring that needs replacing for certain, it needs a few tweaks on the forks as well.

If they dont say the bike needs this - they are not worth talking to IMO.Harsh but true.

cheers for that

the rears all sorted heard the rear shock has some issues on the kxf so got a ohlins unit for that, just the front i really need sorting

who have you spoke to so far and what prices?

Any "tuner" who claims to use spring rate to control bottoming is not a tuner.......

Any "tuner" who claims to use spring rate to control bottoming is not a tuner.......

:thumbsup:

who have you spoke to so far and what prices?

spoke to k-tech and pro action, aprox £225 to £250 possably a bit more if it needs bushes etc

thats some serious money just for a fork.

tell me about it !!!!!!!!!!!

any recomendations ????????