chain ?'s

I'm new to the forum and the dr and have a question.

I just had my 08 dr650 in for its first service and asked them if my chain was too loose as I could push up from the bottom and it would hit against the swing arm. They said it was fine.

Well I read through the book and it said that you should have 1.2-1.5 inches of play when pushed up from the bottom. mine hits the swingarm this is sitting on the side stand. So who is right the dealer or the book. I know not to get it to tight and it should have some play. I think there wanting to sell me a new chain and sprockets very soon,

I love it all but the seat!

what so you all think.???

best to sit on it as you would be riding

have someone check chain play as you roll it slowly

look for tightest spot & adjust there

I'm new to the forum and the dr and have a question.

I just had my 08 dr650 in for its first service and asked them if my chain was too loose as I could push up from the bottom and it would hit against the swing arm. They said it was fine.

Well I read through the book and it said that you should have 1.2-1.5 inches of play when pushed up from the bottom. mine hits the swingarm this is sitting on the side stand. So who is right the dealer or the book. I know not to get it to tight and it should have some play. I think there wanting to sell me a new chain and sprockets very soon,

I love it all but the seat!

what so you all think.???

I'd go with the Suzuki manual being correct and the dealer not being up on his reading. :thumbsup:

Not sure why but mine will tighten up a bit when warm...

So fill 'er up and check it again....

I just stand beside it,pick it up straight.....

Then check the chain slack with my right toe....

Course now I got a little black spot on my tennie-es:doh: