Co Springs to 717 jet

I almost added this to the other Jetting post but really its a different question... anyways....

I was told that the jetting that I have in my bike right now (jetted for the springs) would be good/close enough for 717 (Divide). I have a YZ250. I would think I would need to re-jet for 717. Anyone have any idea and if so what size is good for 717?

If you're jetted for 6000' at the springs, you'll be a little fat at 9000'. Bike will still run, and shouldn't fould unless there's other factors causing fouling (weak spark, etc)

Bring a jet one size smaller and have a backup plug.

If you're jetted for 6000' at the springs, you'll be a little fat at 9000'. Bike will still run, and shouldn't fould unless there's other factors causing fouling (weak spark, etc)

Bring a jet one size smaller and have a backup plug.

Thanks. That's basically what I was told. I always have a couple of plugs on me so no problem. The guy also told me that my wifes xr100 should run just fine up there so I think we just may make the trip up there this weekend. Now I just have to get some screens put in the since the others one have burnt out. Not sure how I am going to get them into mine though... I'll do a search!

My YZ is jetted for the Springs and runs fine up there also.

My YZ is jetted for the Springs and runs fine up there also.

No bogging or anything? Just don't want to be stuck on a hill and have to do the tuck and roll manuever. :thumbsup:

Nope, it runs fine.

if your jetted correctly for the springs cris you should have no problems on 717 or most anywere on the front range. 6 years on my yz and i never fouled a plug up in the hills.