Sign in to follow this  

Clutch problem help!!!

Hello

I have a yz250f from 2006, i changed the clutch but since then i can't shift to neutral. I feel that the bike pulls when the motor is running in idle speed, when i hit the gas it stops.

I changed all the plates (incl steel plates), springs, i made sure that the steel plates are with the sharp edge faced to the motor, i placed the plates according to the manuel.

I use denicol oil thumper lube 10w40

Funny thing is that a also bought a yz85 2007 for my son, the former owner changed the clutch and the bike has the same problem.

Please help, dealers here in belgium don't know it also

Did you soak the plates in oil first? After i did my clutch the bike had to warm up pretty good before the clutch started acting right.

Yes i did

I just dissasembled the clutch and it came out in one piece, i mean all the plates were stick together from the oil, everything looks ok but it isn't

The only other thing I can think of is to check your torque on the bolts. I had a problem with aftermarket springs when I changed my clutch so I put the stock ones back in and it works great now.

Hello

I have a yz250f from 2006, i changed the clutch but since then i can't shift to neutral. I feel that the bike pulls when the motor is running in idle speed, when i hit the gas it stops.

I changed all the plates (incl steel plates), springs, i made sure that the steel plates are with the sharp edge faced to the motor, i placed the plates according to the manuel.

I use denicol oil thumper lube 10w40

Funny thing is that a also bought a yz85 2007 for my son, the former owner changed the clutch and the bike has the same problem.

Please help, dealers here in belgium don't know it also

It is is assembled properly, you may have too much oil in the engine or your clutch boss is warn/notched.

For the 85, that is a problem common with that bike. On the advice of a former pro racer we switched from motor oil to Mercron ATF from Walmart. It works great and it is cheap.

Springs are also new original parts from yamaha, fasten the bolts with a torc wrench as the manual says.

But can anyone say which side the steel plates must be, the sharp side towards the engine or vice versa.

I just dissasembled the yz85 and there was clearly a problem with the clutch boss, strong tooth in there, i made it smooth again with a file, hope thats not a problem