DRZ400SM Engine Eliminator kit from Yosh

Yosh kits are nice but the cost of one of them, Eddie could build you a more powerful engine and you'd have a lot of money left over. The Yosh CDI is made by ProComm and simply does not work (though if you find a Mitsubishi, they at least do not cause misfiring). Additionally, testing has been done on many types of CDI's to gain more power and effect is minimal and certainly not worth the money unless you have done everything else, are racing and need a little more. Very expensive way to gain about 1/2 hp at best. Pretty much 99% of the people get is a higher rev limiter.

not to kiss Eddies but more

but Eddie has already did the work and gave us the recipe to make up to 57 HP

50 is acheavable with a non ported head runing stock size valves

and 47 HP "ish" can be found with out the stroker crank

and the key to all of this is that $500 39mm or 41mm FCR carb

and this "recipe" is cheeper and more reliable than Yosh's kit

I see they say it puts you in the 45hp range. I'll bet thats with the FCR and not the BSR eh? I wonder what it would be with the BSR, closer to 40hp?

If it is a stock engine, just with the kit, I would think the output would be more in the mid 30's, maybe as much as 37. Really just cams, the cdi box, if it works, only boost the limiter.

• 5 months later...

Im new to TT and I dont know much about the mechanic stuff.. maybe even nothing at all.. A guy proposed me to buy the computer for my DRZ. The salesman told me another DRZ installed it and it made a HUGE difference. But i dont believe it! He says the bike is now 60hp without even testing it.. Some advice would be very appreciated! My bike is stock and i think a FCR would be a better mod. Right?

Im new to TT and I dont know much about the mechanic stuff.. maybe even nothing at all.. A guy proposed me to buy the computer for my DRZ. The salesman told me another DRZ installed it and it made a HUGE difference. But i dont believe it! He says the bike is now 60hp without even testing it.. Some advice would be very appreciated! My bike is stock and i think a FCR would be a better mod. Right?

:thinking:? :smirk:

furst off ---- plaese start your owne thread

2nd what is your HP goal ---- or how much money are you willing to part with

3rd Eddie ( the ressadent "Guru" ) makes DRZ400 into 470cc bb,strokers that pump out 60hp on the stock computer

if you start your owen thread I will link you to the threads to read