Hancock Dual Sport Aug 9+10; going?

Anyone else planning on hitting the hancock DS early august?

I don't know if I'll be doing Saturday or Sunday- if there are diff. routes on the 2 days, I want to hit the day with the most difficult stuff available!

Dave

I plan on riding both days, but if you have to choose, I'm going to guess that Saturday is the better day to ride. Sunday is usually a bit shorter with a little more road so you can make it back and get out of there early.

I missed last year, but the year before they ran a lot of the same routes in both directions because there was so much flood damage on other trails. As long as that's not an issue, this might be the best DS of the year.

i hit sun in 06 and sat in 07 both days were good and more or less the same type of terrain. dave dont worry both days have their share of rough stuff. im working but im going to try to get a day off to hit at least 1 day in. its a unbelivable run.

I plan on riding both days.

I've been doing this event every year since 2000.

I'll be there both days....

I've heard this is one of the best east coast events...

can't make it this year.......I am too much of a supermoto noob:naughty:

haha actually my wife said no way, we have a effin wine tasting thingey to go to, that she registered for 7 months ago.......:ride:

Crap.

Sunday is the more difficult route, so that's my day.

Anyone want to partner up for sunday? No bypasses! I'm not too fast, but I don't let anything stop me either!

Dave

Ill be there, not sure if I should bring my KX or DRZ. DRZ would be more convenient, KX would be alot more fun!

Ill be there, not sure if I should bring my KX or DRZ. DRZ would be more convenient, KX would be alot more fun!

Needs to be registered, insured, plated, headlight and tailight (street legal, its a dualsport event).

If your KX has all that, then range might be an issue. The gas stations are at about 40 mile intervals according to the organizer.

Dave

Ive done Hancock numerous times on my YZs and KXs. KX is enduro legal, I race enduros. Working lights, tagged, insured, M endorsment and big tank. I got the DRZ about a week after last years event and havent really ridden it in the rocks yet, I may bring both!:ride::ride:

Ive done Hancock numerous times on my YZs and KXs. KX is enduro legal, I race enduros. Working lights, tagged, insured, M endorsment and big tank. I got the DRZ about a week after last years event and havent really ridden it in the rocks yet, I may bring both!:ride::ride:

Want to buddy up for Sunday?

I'm jonesing for some big obstacles, and can maintain about a B pace if that's fast enough.

Dave

Anyone want to partner up?

Buehler?

Buehler?

Dave

can't make it this year....... actually my wife said no way, we have a effin wine tasting thingey to go to, that she registered for 7 months ago.......:ride:

Whipped%20Magazine.jpg

;)

No bypasses!

Did you do the optional WEC sections last year?

Did you do the optional WEC sections last year?

This will be my 1st time.

I have found pretty much only deep mud will stop the XRL, although my hill-climbing is a little limited by the MT21 I have now, compared to the terrorflex I usually use.

I'll try anything, and I'm hoping for a few decent hills, and a good rock section. I want to add at least one major dent to my bash plate.

I'm at my best on stuff that's tough on a regular dirt bike, much less a DS.

My favorite rough terrain to date has been the deposit scottish trials, the terrain in central CT (plenty of rocks, mud, and hills with rocks and roots), and the meriden motorcycle club boneyard.

Dave

My dad will be there this year again, hes been going for two years and loves it.

Hes on a Ktm 450 exc and riding with his friend on a maico.

My brother-in-law and I will be there both days. We did this event in 2002 and had an absolute blast. We have been wanting to go back since then.

We are riding red (should have been green 2009 KLX250S) and blue (2008 WR250R). If you see us say hi. Drop by the trailer with the Trail Jesters logo for a beer too.

logo%20draft3.jpg

Anyone want to partner up?

Buehler?

Buehler?

Dave

Wish I could go with you Dave! :D Have a great ride and let me know how it goes. :)

Wish I could go with you Dave! :D Have a great ride and let me know how it goes. :)

Hey, they do a spring ride there too!

I wanna see what makes a WEC section a WEC section.

Hopefully its not too slick!

Dave