Flushing the tranny side (former crankcase)

Hi

I have the "tranny draining bolt" issue. It was cross-threaded. Anyway, I found useful information here on the forum and was able to fix the bolt with a die and clean the crankcase hole from metal pieces with other bolt with a small cut (worked just perfect!).

I know I need to flush the tranny with oil (cheap) to get rid of any metal that may have fallen from the hole/bolt. How to be sure that all of those small metal suckers are washed away, is my problem.

The question is:

- Should I just pour oil on the filling hole and leave it spill from the drainage? or

- Should I close the drainage and pour certain amount of oil and then leave it spill?

I like the first better

Thanks

I would leave the drain plug out, so it will immediately begin to carry the debris out as it drains. With the plug in, may move the debris around and away from the drain plug area, then when you pull the plug, it may not have enough velocity to move it back over to the drain area. Another option is to pull the side case, lean it over and give it a good rinsing.

Just to make sure what were on the same page , you thread title says "flushing the crankcase, but your thread is refering to the tranny side.:thumbsup:

Thanks, I just added the info to the title. It is the tranny side.

I will check on opening the case, I guess is not too hard and I will be sure that all the metal pieces are gone.

Thanks

hmm if it was me I think I would use a low viscosity oil like diesel to flush the metal but since all oils mix I would use a cheap dino normal weight oil to clean out the diesel. Of course I could be wrong but that is my first impression of what to do.