505 XC-F, 7 series BATTERY

I know I have seen the specific battery part no. on some of the threads but I can't seem to search it out. I put the stock one in a smaller bike and wish to get the bigger 7 series for my 505 XC-F. Does any have a link or know the part ##.:thumbsup:

I found it YTZ7S, if anyone else was looking for more crancking amps.

I found it YTZ7S, if anyone else was looking for more crancking amps.

My dealer keeps them in stock as he is also a Honda dealer. The YTZ7S is the stock battery for the CRF250/450X. I will be putting one in my 505SX-F after I get the stator upgraded to run my HID light.

$$$ is tight right now, but I want a light system as well..

I didn't know you could go bigger, the xcf battery is already bigger than the sxf correct? But sounds like you can go even bigger yet. I have a spare battery that I keep in my trailer and keep topped up with the battery tender now and then but would have got this one had I known. I'll know for next time.

I didn't know you could go bigger, the xcf battery is already bigger than the sxf correct? But sounds like you can go even bigger yet. I have a spare battery that I keep in my trailer and keep topped up with the battery tender now and then but would have got this one had I known. I'll know for next time.

You get both batteries with the SXF the 4 series (3 amp/hr) and the 5 series (4 amp/hr). I think that the theory is that you run the smaller one when it is warm for less weight and put in the bigger one when it gets colder so you have enough umph to start the bike.

If I want to lose the extra pound or two I'll just eat a little less. I still weigh more than the bike no matter which battery is in it!

I went to the dealer today and bought a 7 series and its almost the same size. I installed it without any modifications. It retailed for $78. I got it for $52.:thumbsup: