SRCA at watkins

Is anybody gonna do the races this weekend i have thought about it but i dont know what class i can enter i just got my bike in april and have rode watkins about 10 times im fairly good on the dirt i just cant clear any of the jumps( to much of a chicken) and i talked to a couple of people and they said do the C class but i dont see them having a C class on there web site i will be on a 93 kx 250 any help would be great

Is anybody gonna do the races this weekend i have thought about it but i dont know what class i can enter i just got my bike in april and have rode watkins about 10 times im fairly good on the dirt i just cant clear any of the jumps( to much of a chicken) and i talked to a couple of people and they said do the C class but i dont see them having a C class on there web site i will be on a 93 kx 250 any help would be great

You can run the Novice Class(C class) With the Novice your good for 2 classes the 250 and open Novice.

To all that plan on riding at watkins on the 27th for the race prepare to have the worst track around to ride on. The crew that made the track for the first race and put all of the had long work and hours into it for the practice and the race were not hired they were part of the old crew as everyone wants to call them now. So as everyone may think that Britt Honda did such a great job to get the track ready it was not them it was the old wonderful crew at watkins, all Britt did was some watering.

If you can make it down to Aztec on a Wednesday they have a beginner class every other week and it is pretty easy going. It may give you a confidence booster to go out and race at some other places.

To all that plan on riding at watkins on the 27th for the race prepare to have the worst track around to ride on. The crew that made the track for the first race and put all of the had long work and hours into it for the practice and the race were not hired they were part of the old crew as everyone wants to call them now. So as everyone may think that Britt Honda did such a great job to get the track ready it was not them it was the old wonderful crew at watkins, all Britt did was some watering.

Wow how about giving these guys a chance at putting together a nice track. I find it hard to believe that the tack make a miraculous turn around for just the race by only the same people that had been taking care of it for that time. There had to be some outside influence there.

What is your hang up with this. I'm not sure if there is anybody on this board that wants to see Watkins or any other local track fail. Why post stuff like this? It really does not add any valuable content. Besides that the info that you are posting about Britt is the 1st that I've heard of this and I'm sure if it had a lot of truth it would have been well known on here before now.

It was the same ppl before that did all of the track prep for the race. Believe what you want to believe. They never recieved any credit for the track. And what was posted about britt was posted before. People thought that britt hired out a crew but really it was the old crew that did get the track ready for the race. Sure every one is happy to have rhonda and gene back, but if everone knew what has really gone in with the track and every thing, I am sure that ppls views would change. I understand that this is a place for you guys to come and ride and have a great time with family and friends but they have you leaded down a path that is decieving.

It was the same ppl before that did all of the track prep for the race. Believe what you want to believe. They never recieved any credit for the track. And what was posted about britt was posted before. People thought that britt hired out a crew but really it was the old crew that did get the track ready for the race. Sure every one is happy to have rhonda and gene back, but if everone knew what has really gone in with the track and every thing, I am sure that ppls views would change. I understand that this is a place for you guys to come and ride and have a great time with family and friends but they have you leaded down a path that is decieving.

It's obvious that you have some personal interest in this beyond riding and your not willing to be honest about it, just cryptic talk about "decieving paths". Bottom line is the track is better than it was, it's being taken care of. That is what this forum and post is about. If you have some problem not moto related please take it outside of this forum. If you don't like the track, or like the track, you talk about that here but your venturing into areas that are beyond the point of this thread and TT.

It's obvious that you have some personal interest in this beyond riding and your not willing to be honest about it, just cryptic talk about "decieving paths". Bottom line is the track is better than it was, it's being taken care of. That is what this forum and post is about. If you have some problem not moto related please take it outside of this forum. If you don't like the track, or like the track, you talk about that here but your venturing into areas that are beyond the point of this thread and TT.

Rex is right. We need to keep it on topic. If any party would like to further discuss this please start another thread.

Bill

We raced the SRAC races at VDR 2 weeks ago and had a blast! Great people and my family had a great time. I say go for it...250 novice or open novice. I race Vet novice myself and you'll be surprised, the novice class is not all that slow ?. Again, great people and a great time. Introduce yourself around, get to know people and most of all have fun and be safe. Go for it!

BTW, it is SRAC, not SRCA

So what does the track look like anyway compared to say Berthoud or Milliken?

Is it easy to learn and be competitive (from a novice point of view?)

My opinion is it is a slower than Berthoud and Miliken. If they leave it like it was a week ago, and I heard they were. There are less jumps. There are a couple that could cause people trouble a camel back kind of jump that if you don't want to jump it won't kill your speed. Then a timing double double, they are short but right out of a corner the first one is a the longest and the one guys struggle with a bit mentally. If you get the first one the 2nd one is easy. Last race they removed that section. If they leave it in and you don't do it it will cost you a little time. The rest of the track is corners and tables but there is not a lot of them. It's a fun track but needs to be a little longer but should race well. But they usually make changes to tracks so we will see if they do. I may try to go out Wed morning and see.

I think that your best bet if you are not clearing all the jumps if not 99% of them is to go and watch the races. Get a schedule from the sign up area and watch the class that you are going to try to race in. Save your money and watch one race before you enter one. But on the other hand if you just want to go out and have a good time enter. It's a fun day to be there watching races and getting to go out there and have fun. Just make sure that's what you do. Have fun. Don't ride over your head it will in due time get you hurt. They do have a C class in the SRAC even if its not on the web site. You will be surprised at how fast the C class really is.

I think that your best bet if you are not clearing all the jumps if not 99% of them is to go and watch the races. Get a schedule from the sign up area and watch the class that you are going to try to race in. Save your money and watch one race before you enter one. But on the other hand if you just want to go out and have a good time enter. It's a fun day to be there watching races and getting to go out there and have fun. Just make sure that's what you do. Have fun. Don't ride over your head it will in due time get you hurt. They do have a C class in the SRAC even if its not on the web site. You will be surprised at how fast the C class really is.

Yea the C class is the biggest sandbagging class. there's a few that could be very competive in the B class but slow up or what not to stay in the C class for lorretta's

Sorry about the SCAR i new i was gonna mess it up but i got on there web site and couldnt find any rules the only thing i really need is a number do they provide you with one or do you have to have there own plus what about insurance i cant seem to find my card that says i have it do they check that at the gate plus does anybody wanna join me if i go im new and wanna get out and meet people PM me or just reply thats good enough for me

Sorry about the SCAR i new i was gonna mess it up but i got on there web site and couldnt find any rules the only thing i really need is a number do they provide you with one or do you have to have there own plus what about insurance i cant seem to find my card that says i have it do they check that at the gate plus does anybody wanna join me if i go im new and wanna get out and meet people PM me or just reply thats good enough for me

For numbers, If its your first race just put some on your bike with tape. Afterwards for the novice class you need a number thats 300 and up and is white numbers with black backgrounds, you get to pick the number but it's on a first come first service baisas.

As for insurance, its not needed but it's a good idea to keep with you in your truck just in case.

I'm not sure if i'll be there but i'm out at wakins most weekends - on a cr 125 #911 or going to have a crf 250 (might be a few weeks til i get the number on it) with a silver Dodge Ram 1500

and a note the SRAC website is down but you can call the office for more info on anything (303) 989-7436 you can also get a memership packet sent to you.

Hey KX

Just go for it. I did my first race on Fathers day at Watkins and had a blast. I was in Vet Novice, most of the guys in the class were really laid back and were willing to answer questions. Don't be fooled by the term "novice." There are some really smooth and fast folks who have been doing this a long time.

If you want to have a great time then show up Saturday for practice, take a look at the other riders and make your decision then.

Also, the track is WAY different on race day then on a typical day at Watkins. It is groomed better but the ruts are really deep, huge breaking bumps and rutted jump faces. At least from my novice point of view.

earl

As for insurance, its not needed but it's a good idea to keep with you in your truck just in case.

You also need an AMA membership (you can get one the day of the race) and a SRAC membership (which you can also buy at the race)

If you do decide to race sign up for open beginner. You may want to practice some more before doing that though. Most open beginners are clearing most of the jumps on the track except the bigger obstacles. I would also highly reccomend starting off doing the Wednesday Night races at Aztec. It's much cheaper to see if racing is something you want to do and is much more relaxed. The motos are also closer together so you don't spend the whole day sitting around.