144 sprocket cobmo?

ust curious what gearng 144 guys run.

What go me thinking was the 4 strokes passing me on the berms and heading dow the straights and over the table top while staying in one gear. What the hell, how easy is that lol. I have to shift twice before that table top. So I wondered if the 144 made it more thumper like in terms of pulling longer with taller gearing.

I ran 14 front and either a 48 or 49 rear depending on how fast or tight the track is. I know with the 13 front sprocket I was in 4th gear in no time the 14t should help correct that.

Wholy crap. A 14/49. That is like a 12/42!

The 144 pulled as good as the bike did stock with stock gearing with that? No shifting every 2 seconds either?

I have an eric gorr modded 144 it works perfect with my setup I would never go back it pulls better then stock with this gearing but it got all the lost rev back and gear run out. Take a lesson from KTM thier 144 has a 14T front sprocket stock.

Ahh nice, thanks. Greatly appreciated. Any idea what the stock rear sprocket on the KTM is? I can go dig but if you know....

It's a 50t I believe and KTM use's the 125 tranny in the 144 in case you was wondering.

yep that I knew thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rick Mcqueen Art
      A tiny clear rubber tube on bottom of carb.  On bottom sort of on side, by floats, the other end just hanging down.  Was it always like this? Or does the other end go somewhere?  Today after multiple trys with kick, choke on/off ,,,fuel keeps pouring out the tube.  This bike has always been hard to start.   Thanx  guys!
    • By Brock granberg
      I just did my valve adjustments and put my YZ250f back together as far as the valves, shims buckets and cam covers on but I need adhesive for the plastic valve/cam cover and I am stumped as far as what to use and where to get it or even what to call it! Need to get some soon im in need of a ride!
    • By ThatE30GUY
      Hey guys, I bought this YZ85 and came to realise the clutch wasnt working, so I drained the oil (Jet black) and pulled the plates out and cleaned them. I assumed finding a torque wrench would be easier than it has been. Does anyone know how to torque the clutch springs to spec without a wrench? Any insight helps.