Sign in to follow this  

Zeta Killers Recommended?

I seem to not keep the bike on 2 wheels every now and then :thumbsup: I have a 2008 RM-Z 250. It already came stock with Renthal fatbars, these suckers don't bend. My problem is, after the slightest fall, my bars, in the clamps, get tweaked. I always have to loosen the bar mounts and bottom bolts to re-align the bars. It's getting annoying and it seems like the soft rubber is to blame. My front end seems to always stay pretty straight unless I have a hard fall, then I have to loosen everything, grab the front wheel with my legs, and re-align, but that's only after a hard crash, and by that time, I'm done riding anyways :thumbsup: But usually, it's only the bars they need to be aligned. I hear these "Zeta Killers" work well. Since they aren't rubber, do they increase vibration? Will these now cause the bars to break/bend since there is no rubber give? Are there any other products to recommend? I guess you can also recommend to stop falling, but that is going to take a long time to learn!

Buy a solid top bar mount for $20-30 then the bar mounts themself can't move.

^ the 05 kx250f had that and I bent 2 of those solid top bar mounts. In 1 crash I bent the top bar mount aswell as one of the long bolts that the rubber cones go on that goes through the triple clamp.

^ the 05 kx250f had that and I bent 2 of those solid top bar mounts. In 1 crash I bent the top bar mount aswell as one of the long bolts that the rubber cones go on that goes through the triple clamp.

Crash hard enough and you can break anything. The solid square top mounts work fine in not allowing the mounts themself to turn in typical get-offs. If the wallet alows then check out the RG3's they pretty much have it covered but then again in a crash something has to give "right".

I just ordered today the rubber killers.Ive also heard to use the honda crf rubber.Must be firmer rubber or something...

Crash hard enough and you can break anything. The solid square top mounts work fine in not allowing the mounts themself to turn in typical get-offs. If the wallet alows then check out the RG3's they pretty much have it covered but then again in a crash something has to give "right".

I agree with that. It seems like most of my crashes, fortunately, are stupid wipe outs in a turn or something. I've never had a huge crash where I injured myself and the bike badly (knock on wood). I think I'm going to take my chances with the zeta killers and if I crash hard enough, I probably will have ample time to order a new set of bars or clamps, since I would probably be laid up for awhile :thumbsup: Having a tough time finding these Zeta Killers. I find the more popular Applied Rubbers. Same concept, they don't flex as much as the stock rubbers. Will these fit the Suzuki though? They are "cr style". I don't think I want to go with a completely solid top clamp since I don't want any vibration issues, they are expensive (regarding the first reply, I can't find any in the $20-30 range, they are well over $100)