They both start with "Hus"...

So I’m in the market for a new bike (the 310 is going to need some big-time TLC, as in new crank bearing etc. at least) - I plan to do the work myself (because I’m stupid that way) but in the meantime I need to ride! And its time to move up - I’ve bent the shifter reaching for 7th gear. (what do you think of a 310 supertard, with 15/50 gearing?)

I’m not all that turned on by the ‘08 Husky’s - its July and still no idea on when, if ever, a big tank is going to be available, BMW seems to be doing its best to screw everything up, no USA website anymore, parts scarcity, etc. But I would be happy to find a remaindered ‘07 (or even ‘06) TE450 or 510 - particularly because I have most of a new bike in parts already and know where most of the kinks in the Husky’s lie. I really don’t want to buy used - I prefer to break my own toys, thank you. I see some good points to having two bikes with a lot of interchangable parts.

Anybody got a line on a dealer sitting on an ‘06/’07 TE450/510?

Alternately-

My local ‘Berg dealer has a couple of crated ‘07 FE450s for a damn good price, and since I live in a state with sensible (for the moment) laws, I can plate one pretty easily. Out the door price is lower than the MSRP on an ‘08 TE450, they (NMS) are committed to the brand and stock everything for them - plus Motoxotica is a call away if NMS is lacking on anything. But I’m going from one semi-exotic to a definate exotic - and I really plan to put 8000 miles on it in the next two years. (the ‘bergs are sexy looking tho, and the right colors!)

Decisions, decisions.

What'cha think?

The berg might be a fun diversion if you have not owned one.

- IMHO the husky situation is a small bump in the road not a disaster as many are painting it. Time will tell.

Bergs are nice light bikes to ride, I've ridden a 450 - very nice. Dirt Rider was impressed with their long term bike test with a berg - I can look up more info if you want later...

I would check the classifieds on TT (link in important info sticky) and craigs list, and call larger dealers - Heiens in the midwest? Sadly the list of dealers for Husqvarna is down at the moment. :thumbsup:

I'm aware of your position on resale value but you should keep in mind anything that does not come with a factory license plate will have less resale value.

Hope you and your family are well. :thumbsup:

Hey Dean!

Family is great - Sally asked about you a while back - I said I thought you spent all your time trying to keep this zoo in line and never got to ride anymore. Despite your fears - Ethan looks nothing like you - has all his hair for a start...

I'm not ditching the 310 Husky - with a Rekluse, trials tire and 12/50 gearing it'll climb trees, but it's not so great in the big wide open. And I'm not down at all on Husky the brand, I just don't want an '08. And I'm REALLY not at all concerned with resale - to my thinking there shouldn't be enough left of a bike when I'm done with it to sale (the 310 in pieces in my garage, for example).

I'm allergic to Craigs List - gives me hives. I would prefer to buy from a dealer, actually I really would prefer to buy a crate with a bike in it. Guess I can start making some phone calls.

And I'm not down at all on Husky the brand, I just don't want an '08.

Why is this if I may ask. I found the 08's to be a big step up in performance on many levels as have most. If it is the few little issues they are all VERY EZ to fix.

Why is this if I may ask.

No good reason, I guess. When I saw the pre-release pictures of the '08 TE's I wanted one -- and when I sat on one I didn't.

Odd thing is I like the TXC's, no logical reason there either, same ergos as the TE's (minus the EFI and needing to pay an additional $400 to make it run right). But I'm unlikely to find a dealer willing to "horse trade" since they are rare and in demand (largely due to you going on and on about how good yours is!).

If I can get out the door, tax/title/yadda/yadda - WITH A PLATE - on a 2008 TXC450 for around $7500, then I'm riding a Husky in Baja next year (and yes, it'll have a Motosportz damper on it). Hopefully, it'll have a desert tank by then. :thumbsup:

If I can find a NEW-CRATED '06/07 TE450/510 for @ $5500 tax/title/yadda - then I'll be on that.

If not - I'll probably be on a bicycle, cussing at the "damned, dirty dirt bikers". :thumbsup:

- Or on a 'Berg (I wonder if Motosportz can make a damper for the HBG?)

I could have sworn there was a post that IMS had tanks available for the 08's

now.

I could have sworn there was a post that IMS had tanks available for the 08's

now.

Shush! He's busy talking himself into a Husaberg, if you hadn't noticed!:thumbsup:

Also.... Calling BigBob to the white courtesy phone!

Consider a TC450 or 510 from '06 or '07--you live in Nevada. Should be able to find one for $5500 out the door or less in a crate somewhere back east.

Change the rear rim to a 18, and get the ebutton installed if ya need it.

Bad ass bike. Just an idea.

Consider a TC450 or 510 from '06 or '07--you live in Nevada. Should be able to find one for $5500 out the door or less in a crate somewhere back east.

Change the rear rim to a 18, and get the ebutton installed if ya need it.

Bad ass bike. Just an idea.

I'm fairly sure he will respond that he wants the wider gearbox. Barely used TCs are extremely cheap right now if he does not mind the mx gear box.

Knowing you, I bet you have that Berg within the next couple of weeks.

...and your TE still runs, I bet that thing will last 20 miles more, just because it vibrates bad and the crank gear is starting to wear on the case doesnt mean you cant still ride it.:thumbsup:

...and your TE still runs, I bet that thing will last 20 miles more, just because it vibrates bad and the crank gear is starting to wear on the case doesnt mean you cant still ride it.

- plus, technically it gets lighter with each oil change, as I empty out 3-4 oz of case magnesium, gear steel and aluminum piston shavings...:thumbsup:

Started with half a kick, sounded like its running fine - right up until I put a load on it. Funny thing is, as we are standing around it trying to figure what that noise is - Sharpie says "mine sounds like that all the time" :thumbsup:

I'm having second thoughts about the 'Berg - after owning a Husky, the 'Berg looks like it was welded together by a Junior High shop class, and I just read the repair manual on how to replace the piston rings :thumbsup: ...

Chasing a TXC right now, we'll see (hey IMS, where's the bloody big tank already?)

- plus, technically it gets lighter with each oil change, as I empty out 3-4 oz of case magnesium, gear steel and aluminum piston shavings...:thumbsup:

Started with half a kick, sounded like its running fine - right up until I put a load on it. Funny thing is, as we are standing around it trying to figure what that noise is - Sharpie says "mine sounds like that all the time" :thumbsup:

I'm having second thoughts about the 'Berg - after owning a Husky, the 'Berg looks like it was welded together by a Junior High shop class, and I just read the repair manual on how to replace the piston rings :thumbsup: ...

Chasing a TXC right now, we'll see (hey IMS, where's the bloody big tank already?)

Halls is supposed to have them in stock.