i need to know how to jet a 2 stroke.

i am complety lost when it comes to jeting :thumbsup:. i was wondering how do you check the jeting on a 2 stroke i have a yz250 with stock pipe and the throttle responce down low in the rpm's is week to say the least. please jeting gods help me :thumbsup:!

thanks

Travis

jetting really isnt the mystery some people think it is. The pilot circuit affects from idle to 1/4 throttle opening, Needle from 1/4 to 3/4 open, and Main jet from 3/4 to full throttle. Find out in which throttle range the problem occurs. Throttle response is weak doesnt really tell us anything. Does it bog or sputter?

well neather really but i would say bog would be the closest.

well neather really but i would say bog would be the closest.

ok so in which throttle range does the bog occur?

from 1/4 to 3/4. ill just be riding around at like 1/4 throttle and open it to 3/4 throttle and the bike will just hesitate or bog for a sec and then it is like it cleans its self out and takes off.

how much compression does it have?

havent checked that what should it have? just ball park?

at least 150 psi.

ive had that problem from even just a really dirty air filter, or mixing the gas to rich

how much compression does it have?

Please don't ask the kid how much compression, lets first try to see if its the jetting. Jumping around all over components will just confuse him. If after the jetting help doesn't fix the problem he can move to other areas..one thing at a time.

So TGSmith - did this start happening when the weather started getting cold recently? If so your bike is probably running richer now...autumn season is colder, this air is more dense than the warm summer air.

If this is the case then you will need to adjust the needle clip - try one lower from whatever it is set at now. Do you know how to adjust the needle?

If this is not the case, has the bike has been doing this all summer? - more information would help.

-Erik

Please don't ask the kid how much compression, lets first try to see if its the jetting. Jumping around all over components will just confuse him. If after the jetting help doesn't fix the problem he can move to other areas..one thing at a time.

If the top end is wore out there is no use trying to fix it with jetting changes. The phrase "pissing into the wind" comes to mind.

Compression, condition of your reeds, fresh pre-mix, clean air filter, and good silencer packing are the ground settings to start dialing in the jetting. If any of these are bad, you can jet 'till your face is blue and it still won't run right. Check all these first, THEN start on your jetting.:excuseme:

Check your PMs.