Would you take a bike for free if

...someone died riding it?

I was offered a Yami for free but the guy who rode it last died from a head-on with a quad.

I'm a llittle superstitious when it comes to motorcycles so I passed on it.

What would you do?

I would of looked at the bike and asked about the history of the bike. If the history of the bike was fine i would take it and make it a bike project, becasue if its is free there is going to be some damage after a quad smacked it in the face.

Id take it, I mean why not, if not only to turn around and sell it.

Seriously, a head on with a quad, I have a feeling it was rider error and not the bikes fault

im relatively superstitious myself but my friend had a bike with some bad ju ju on it one kid paralized himself on it the next guy lost 3 toes than my buddy got it and tore the whole thing apart put it back together with some fresh parts and it made it feel like a diff bike and has been a loaner bike for years now,so just remember alot of that ju ju comes from overthinking it while you ride its just like thinking about wrecking makes ya more prone to do it because your heads not in the right spot,do what feels right if ya cant get it out of your head get it fix it up and pass it on to someone who doesnt know better and let them enjoy it,hope it works out.

...someone died riding it?

I was offered a Yami for free but the guy who rode it last died from a head-on with a quad.

I'm a llittle superstitious when it comes to motorcycles so I passed on it.

What would you do?

All of us bike riders have superstions of some sort, that is kinda like would you take a house, car if somebody died in it.

I really do not blame you for doing what you did i am also very superstious if somebody got paralyzed over a used bike i was going to buy i would pass just because i am superstitious.

All of us bike riders have superstions of some sort, that is kinda like would you take a house, car if somebody died in it.

I really do not blame you for doing what you did i am also very superstious if somebody got paralyzed over a used bike i was going to buy i would pass just because i am superstitious.

That's what I'm talking about. I could care less if the forks are shot or whatever.

Just the thought of riding that thing would bug me out. I wouldn't want that Mojo getting on my other bikes.

im relatively superstitious myself but my friend had a bike with some bad ju ju on it one kid paralized himself on it the next guy lost 3 toes than my buddy got it and tore the whole thing apart put it back together with some fresh parts and it made it feel like a diff bike and has been a loaner bike for years now,so just remember alot of that ju ju comes from overthinking it while you ride its just like thinking about wrecking makes ya more prone to do it because your heads not in the right spot,do what feels right if ya cant get it out of your head get it fix it up and pass it on to someone who doesnt know better and let them enjoy it,hope it works out.

Wow, the thing is sometimes s:censored: happens, then a again what you don;t know wont hurt you :thumbsup:

I’m too superstitious to take a bike that someone died on. There is a CHEAP ambulance converted to motovan around here. While its an awesome deal and would be perfect for haulin the bike to races.... its to much bad ju ju.

I would have taken it, that's my kind of price range:smirk: ... free :thumbsup:

I'm not really supersticious, I would have taken i just as a project bike.

You could take it to a scrap yard and have it cushed or shreded. you know, save the next guy his turn, are you superstious with a guilty consious?

Take it and part it out. Seems like a good way to make some cash for bling on your own ride:excuseme:

I would take it in a heartbeat. I don't see a problem with that.

Depends on what type of Yamaha it is. IF it is a YZ 450F then yes - TTR 230 NO

You could take it to a scrap yard and have it cushed or shreded. you know, save the next guy his turn, are you superstious with a guilty consious?

thats exactly what we did when our friend passed away on his quad. nobody wanted it because it always brought us down when we saw it so like 2 weeks after he passed we had it crushed

Id take it and fix it all up and enjoy it. All in honor/memory of the previous rider. Id probably even get a custom decal that says "In memory of John Doe, 1981-2008"

I dont believe the bike has a spirit that is out to kill people. But I do believe that the late rider would be happier to see his/her bike fixed up and ridden, than crushed.

Depends on what type of Yamaha it is. IF it is a YZ 450F then yes - TTR 230 NO

haha yeeeee

Id take it and fix it all up and enjoy it. All in honor/memory of the previous rider. Id probably even get a custom decal that says "In memory of John Doe, 1981-2008"

I dont believe the bike has a spirit that is out to kill people. But I do believe that the late rider would be happier to see his/her bike fixed up and ridden, than crushed.

i woulda fixed it up to but the way he passed i dout he would have wanted to see the thing fixed up, but his dad does drive his sons truck around town everyday now

So what model is it?

I tell you what, if I died on my bike and my friends had it crushed....

There would be some serious haunting in order! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Instead they should spend every Friday night polishing it with their tears while talking about how great I was :thumbsup:

take it, fix it back up to its original state, then turn around and sell it. your looking at a massive profit here.