Sign in to follow this  

Triple Clamps aftermarket options for DRZ SM?

Hi,

I recently managed to twist my DRZ SM forks again after having a bit of an accident. Finding it a bit a problem when having to straighten them out again, on my off road RM250 bike, I simply have to loosen the clamps and twist the bars in the opposite direction to straighten them out. With the DRZ the bar clamps are on those rubber mounts which easily twist themselves when trying to straighten the forks:banghead: , anyone else found this !!??

Anyway I’m looking to replace the weak stock triple clamps to overcome this.

My question:confused: : Is the DRZ triple clamp fitting the same as any of the RM clamps . Can I purchase some triple clamps for an RM which would fit? If so what model and year of RM is the same, as most triple clamp manufactures don’t list for the DRZ SM!

Thanks for your help…

My question:confused: : Is the DRZ triple clamp fitting the same as any of the RM clamps . Can I purchase some triple clamps for an RM which would fit? If so what model and year of RM is the same, as most triple clamp manufactures don’t list for the DRZ SM!

Thanks for your help…

Bumpity bump!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you should be looking at 01-05 RM125 and 04-05 RM250 specific triple trees if i'm not wrong as those are the years where the RM 125 and 250 are equipped with the 47mm Showa USD forks.

I bought a set of pro tapers P3 back in 05 to fit on my DRZ400SM due to an amateur mistake of not realising the bar mounts are replaceable.

The RM125/250 specific triple tree are narrower than the stock triple tree on the SM. you might want to rethink and reconsider the move.

I bought wheel spacers and a trailtech meter to go along with the mod but decided to keep the stock triple tree due to it being wider than the RM specifics.

There are rumours spread from my local Zeta dealer that Zeta are looking to develop a lower triple tree to complement their top clamp as a complete aftermarket triple tree for DRZ400SM.

I've read somewhere that the offset for DRZ400SM is 16mm as well. Hopefully the Zeta Option will allow adjustment from 16mm to 24mm.

I bought a GPR Stabilizer with riser ant it came with a sweet Upper triple. PM me if you want pics.

For the S it comes with a triple because the bar clamps are part of the upper triple, but the GPR SM damper only comes with the bar clamp.

Thanks for all the advice.

I just ordered some of the Zeta rubber killers, didn't know such a thing existed. Will give them a try before I go any further with different clamps.

Had a look a Zeta website, can't understand why they haven't already made a lower clamp to go with the upper clamp, seems odd to me?

The upper clamps look good quality, I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else knows anything about the development of the lower clamp, is it going to be this year?, cost?

Thanks for all your replies!:thumbsup:

scott's has a triple clamp as well, i have it with the stableizer.

Is the Topar clamp for the SM or S model?

It says 01-07 so it has to be for the S.

scott's has a triple clamp as well, i have it with the stableizer.

Last time I checked they did the same thing as GPR. Worked on the S not the SM.

Thanks for all the advice.

I just ordered some of the Zeta rubber killers, didn't know such a thing existed. Will give them a try before I go any further with different clamps.

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Had a look a Zeta website, can't understand why they haven't already made a lower clamp to go with the upper clamp, seems odd to me?

The upper clamps look good quality, I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else knows anything about the development of the lower clamp, is it going to be this year?, cost?

Thanks for all your replies!:thumbsup:

They do make a complete upper/lower bar clamp kit. it's what I run on my bike. It's the Zeta RX Clamp Kit. It's for oversized bars (1 1/8", aka "Fat Bars"):

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/X70w19HwBHEAACcUuMUAAAAE-74982.jpg

Suzuki DRZ400SM fitment, part # ZE32-4031, $63.98

They also make a "Handlebar Clamp Kit", that includes the bar clamp, as well as the upper triple clamp. Very trick:

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/GhNvon8AAAEAAAx8lPcAAAAB-18690.jpg

SX models for 1 1/8" bars, and COMP models for 7/8" bars.

DRZ400SM Fitment: SX, part # ZE11-3402. COMP, part # ZE12-3402

The upper part of the bar clamp Zeta offers is called the "SX stabilizer" (for 1 1/8 bars), or the "COMP Stabilizer" ( for 7/8" bars).

:thumbsup:

I think he meant a lower triple clamp -if that's the case there is none on the market that I am aware of for the SM.

For the S it comes with a triple because the bar clamps are part of the upper triple, but the GPR SM damper only comes with the bar clamp.

I have an S.

From GPR SITE:

v1_red_3.jpg

DRZ 400 S 00-07 Part #7003-0001

Pro Kit Version 1 Stabilizer, mounts above the bars, Kit includes our upper triple clamp and runs Fat Bars. $595

2-kit1.jpg?ab=5

Fat Bar Kit Version 1 stabilizer, mounts above the bars, runs the Fat 1 1/8" Bars. Stock Triple.

DRZ 400 SM 06-07 Fat Bar: Part #7001-0065

Fat Bar Kit Version 1 stabilizer, mounts above the bars, runs the Fat 1 1/8" Bars. Stock Triple. $450

Here's the Zeta Upper from Wheeling $166.95 for the SM

GhNvon8AAAEAAAx8lPcAAAAB-18690.jpg

No reply yet from Forrest on the Lower in the works.