Sign in to follow this  

Please help my broke brother?

A friend of his gave him a 99 X600 Husabooger.

Sat for a year. Starts with the choke all the way on but won't run as soon as he turns off the choke. Ran fine when he first got it. He is thinking crap in the tank may have clogged a jet or something Appreciate anything you guys could offer?

Thanks,

Give it to me.

Seriously though: I would dump all the gas out of the tank, start with fresh 91, and completely disassemble the carb and most likely change the float jet. That should get her purring....

i got a 98 xt-350, had the exact same problem. turns out the small business where i take it when it needs work, the guyy working on it took differeent parrts out so i would keep coming back. this time he took the air filter out.look and make sure there are air filters in it and if there are clean them.

i got a 98 xt-350, had the exact same problem. turns out the small business where i take it when it needs work, the guyy working on it took differeent parrts out so i would keep coming back. this time he took the air filter out.look and make sure there are air filters in it and if there are clean them.

You cant be serious,what shop it this?

Strip the carb and clean it, and put in fresh fuel. Sounds like you've got a plugged jet (Pilot).

Give it to me.

Seriously though: I would dump all the gas out of the tank, start with fresh 91, and completely disassemble the carb and most likely change the float jet. That should get her purring....

"fresh 91" ur an idiot no offence whoever doesnt run 98 in there bike is an idiot, ive never put 91 in my bike and never will, just do it harm, i put caltex 98 in my bike all the time, never had promlems with the fuel but if u run 91, idk what to say to that lol.

u got an air compressor? if u do just take out ur main jet run air thru that it then put ur finger over the top so only goes thru the holes on the sides flush out ur carb aswell, on my bike has a screw on the bottom, take that out flush out turn fuel on then let fill up let that flush out turn fuel off then put screw back in and put full tank of 98 octane in it and should go good if you put 91 octane or anything below 98 then dont, just isnt worth it in the long run ur engine will not last aslong only put 98 in it man, 98 isnt much more then 91 and ur bike will run much better. hope that helps :s

"fresh 91" ur an idiot no offence whoever doesnt run 98 in there bike is an idiot, ive never put 91 in my bike and never will, just do it harm, i put caltex 98 in my bike all the time, never had promlems with the fuel but if u run 91, idk what to say to that lol.

Tm125e,

Before you refer to someone as an idiot maybe you should check your info.

The 98 octane Caltex in Australia is measured using the RON method as are all pump fuels in Australia and most of europe.

In the USA and Canada the pump octane number is an average of the RON and MON method.This octane number is typically 5 pts lower than fuel measured on the RON method only for the same fuel.So a 98 in Aus is a 93 in NA or very near the same thing as Vile1 was to use.Most places in NA only have a max octane of 91 or about 97 ron.

Thanks so far guys. I tore the carb apart and found it green and gummy. I cleaned every piece and blew compressed air through all the jets etc. It now starts on the first kick and even though it won't idle with out the choke on yet, it does idle way smoother.

After all this I found out that he had replaced the floats and since then it has had this problem. On top of that the floats were different shaped than the originals. I brought it back to my brother and he is taking it to a small shop here in town that claims to be familiar with boogers. He is leaving the original floats (that were no longer air tight) with them and they will take it from here. It really is a super clean bike. And my bro is 6'3" 250lbs so it is a perfect match.

Look forward to riding with him soon.

And again, thanks guys!