Don't be this guy!!!

I thought this video would fit well in here and it was just too good not to pass along. :thumbsup:

http://www.jibjab.com/view/246999

Whoops! That's what I call breaking the bank!! :thumbsup: Hahaa.

More like a bankrupture!!

Makes me wonder how the driver was. Looks like the

truck cab was probably crushed.

Anyone know?

Makes me wonder how the driver was. Looks like the

truck cab was probably crushed.

Anyone know?

He and his son supposedly jumped out the passenger door just before the canopy hit... you can see the door opening in the vid.

As I said in another thread about this vid... this is why there should be a DMV test and license endorsement to pull a trailer. Letting every idiot with a D class license pull trailers as tall and nearly as long as a commercial truck (that requires a CDL) is rediculous. Half the time these folks just completely forget they're pulling a trailer... I'd bet thats what happened in this case too.

I'm amazed that the canopy crumbled like it is-aren't they supposed to design those things to withstand high winds?

I figured the trailer would crumple much easier than the canopy falling down.

i guess the canopy was buit cheap and poorly

hey id rather it be a dum dum 5th wheeler than a mother and child walking past on a windy day correct?

Did the person die?

he didnt look like he was driving at parking lot speeds. thats probly why it fell.

He and his son supposedly jumped out the passenger door just before the canopy hit... you can see the door opening in the vid.

As I said in another thread about this vid... this is why there should be a DMV test and license endorsement to pull a trailer. Letting every idiot with a D class license pull trailers as tall and nearly as long as a commercial truck (that requires a CDL) is rediculous. Half the time these folks just completely forget they're pulling a trailer... I'd bet thats what happened in this case too.

I agree. I have had my class A license for a lot of years now. I havent

needed it in a lot of years either, but I still have it. Most people who

decide to get a trailer, dont know the first thing about how to actually

pull one. Not to mention just overall trailer safety as far as connecting

etc.

I agree. I have had my class A license for a lot of years now. I havent

needed it in a lot of years either, but I still have it. Most people who

decide to get a trailer, dont know the first thing about how to actually

pull one. Not to mention just overall trailer safety as far as connecting

etc.

More laws in an already over litigious society does nothing but give the government more control than they already have. Creating another law does not replace the idiots.

I saw some other photos of it, the canopy came down on the side of the truck so the whole cab wasnt crushed flat but the guy was still lucky, in a way I guess.

I have an uncle with a Class A motorcoach, he is 82 yrs old and takes out my fathers fence and phone/cable lines every year he comes to visit. But you cant tell him to stop driving his RV, I guess him and my aunt will be able to go "together" on one of their cross country trips. I love em but I hope it wont kill anyone else. One of the blessings of livin in a free country.

I have an uncle with a Class A motorcoach, he is 82 yrs old and takes out my fathers fence and phone/cable lines every year he comes to visit. But you cant tell him to stop driving his RV, I guess him and my aunt will be able to go "together" on one of their cross country trips. I love em but I hope it wont kill anyone else. One of the blessings of livin in a free country.

Some funny visions just entered my brain. :thumbsup:

if he's a danger to others, its his familys responibility to report him to the DMV or his doctor... both will make sure he at least needs to take the test again.

wow. . . .wow:bonk:

More laws in an already over litigious society does nothing but give the government more control than they already have. Creating another law does not replace the idiots.

Nope, but it may help educate those who are ignorant, and keep the truly dumb ones from endangering others.

One nice thing about skyrocketing fuel prices-less RV's on the road!:thumbsup:

Right! But, we do need to enforce teh laws we have, and not just create more laws.

double post.... sorry.

Holy moly!

I would've shat myself on the way out of the cab. Look at the size of the canopy: http://www.shelbycountytoday.com/article2.php

Shit happens and we've all made mistakes. His just happened to be bigger than most.

i should try that with my big block pickup and boat, it would be nice if state farm bought them both,