My RM 250 for Predator 500

Im seriously considering a trade for a 2005 predator 500. My bike is a stock 2005 rm 250. The quad is a 2005 predator 500. The predator has the following upgrades..

Let me know what you guys think of this trade...would i be winning or losing. I am going to reaplce the rear plastics if i get it . Keep in my i still have a fresh yz426f to ride.Thanks.

1.HMF slip on exhaust

2.a-arm guards from pro-armor

3. skid plate gaurd from pro-armor

4.ac racing nerf bars

5.ac racing grab bar

6. New ITP mud-lite sp tires

7. trail tech bars and clamps8

8.The bike also has an aluminum air box and K and N filter that have not been installed.

9. The bike also has a new jet kit that has not been installed.

The only thing wrong with the qaud is the rear plastic is cracked which is seen in the pics( the last pic i believe)

here are some pics of my bike and of the quad.

2005SuzukiRM2501.jpg

2005RM250Cleaned5.jpg

2005RM250Cleaned6.jpg

Pred1.jpg

Pred2.jpg

Pred3.jpg

Pred4.jpg

your choice but upgrade dont make it worth anything more but that is a nice quad

get some dude...good looking predator i wish i had a predator...where i work we are selling a brand new 06 predator 500 for dirt cheap

well shoot if u have another bike go for the trade

the quad is alwayz good for the dunes

hmm tough to say.. from the damage it looks like he rolled it on that side.. but id keep the bike over the quad anyday of the week.

thanks for the input. I think its a pretty fair deal considering its has probably 700 worth of extras. The plastics will cost me 250$ though. would it be fair to ask him to throw in some money for the new plastics??

u can get away with not buying platics right now.. but 2 strokes are in limited supply.. so the rm may be more worth more in the long run... if you do id ask for like 100 bucks..

(i have no idea how much the quad is worth)

If you went strictly based on dollar value, the Predator is probably gonna be worth more than the RM. In the quad world, I'm not too sure how desirable the Predator is, however it does appear to be a nice bike and if you like it thats all that matters. Keep in mind that you have what is considered to be one of the best late model 2t mx bikes made. If it were me, I'd much rather trade the 426 than the RM if that were at all an option.

The good news is that if you get the quad, you will have no need for any of your armor any longer.

You can then ride with no helmet, shorts, no shirt, and flip flops and fit right in :thumbsup:

Seriously, I would be BORED to death within 5 minutes on a quad after owning a bike.:thumbsup:

If you went strictly based on dollar value, the Predator is probably gonna be worth more than the RM. In the quad world, I'm not too sure how desirable the Predator is, however it does appear to be a nice bike and if you like it thats all that matters. Keep in mind that you have what is considered to be one of the best late model 2t mx bikes made. If it were me, I'd much rather trade the 426 than the RM if that were at all an option.

good point... the 426 is an awsome bike.. but theirs alot of thos out their. the rm might be considered a collectors item in the next few years..

bitchen bike man...If it were me I would keep the bike. The quad is probably worth more than the bike so it is a fair trade...

id keep the rm but if you already know you want a quad hell it seems that those things are spendy and have alot more parts and are a ton heavier,but you only live once so enjoy the things that come to ya

where in florida r u? kinda looks like where i used to live

Do yourself a favor and go here: http://www.predatorowners.com/ , do some reading in the Predator threads, ask some questions, and then you can make an informed decision.

A lot of your decision needs to be based on what it is you want to do with the quad and how much space you have accessible for riding it.

The Predator is a good trail/dune quad for large framed riders. It is heavy as sport quads go so it is somewhat limited in its ability to run motocross. Polaris has discontinued making them so aftermarket parts are few and far between and becoming more scarce as the days go by.

There is however an abundance of Predators for sale in full or part-out modes and the used stuff is fairly inexpensive. A lot of guys who are into the Predator/Polaris are now moving on to the Outlaw which is lighter and powered by a KTM 525 engine.

The Fuji engine is an expensive piece of machinery to modify for more power if you are so inclined and seems to be resistant to making over 50hp without major dollars being invested but in stock condition is very hard to hurt.

The 2005 Predator is known for being reliable if maintained properly and the engine is bulletproof if maintained also.

P.S. Since I know nothing about the bike you have I really can't comment on whether or not a trade is a good idea and with a lot of members here having a somewhat dim view of quads the opinions here might be just a little biased...lol

id say go for it. you still have another great bike and then have a quad too. i would rather get off the dirt bike and then go on a quad, not to another bike. something different for a change. in a year down the road you'll look back at this and say "man i wish i did that trade." i would go for it myself, especially with that trusty, reliable yamaha ready to ride!

dude polaris??? nooooooo keep that bike!

I guess if you really like quads then its an ok trade... R U SURE you like quads? Do you know how boring they are?

my problem is i have been trying to sell the rm for a while with no results. If i get the quad i will most likely try to sell it. I really want a yz450f so if i get the quad i may ride it a couple of times and then sell it. The same for the rm , i want to sell it for money towards a yz450f. So i am really looking at if the quad will actually sell b/c the rm sure as hell has not. thanks again to all the input.

i have always held out for the right buyer when i sold the last couple bikes and it sucks at first because all the stuff you want you cant have right away but give it time and hold out it makes for a more solid deal and gives you time to think(which can go bothways)but this time of year bikes are sellin fast around here anyways and for top dollar.

my buddy has one of those and it is one kick ass quad it can pull the wheels off the ground no problem at all there really fun but i dont no if id trade my bike for maybe just to sell it and buy two more bikes haha but when it comes down to ur gunna do what u want even if people are telling different

well like i said im looking at the quad for resale. I would not keep it for long. I would sell it so i can get a yz450f. I just really want to know if the qaud would sell or if it would sit around like the rm has. I have not had even 1 offer on the rm and it is in great shape.