wr250f street legal in Georgia??

Before i buy a Baja Kit, is it possible to get a 05 wr250f street legal in the state of Georgia? Has anybody had success at the DMV? If so what do ya have to do?

I have always heard it depends DMV you go to and the person helping you and how strict they are there. For instance, my DRZ 400SM is perfectly street legal and comes from Suzuki that way. Yet the DMV still had me take two police officers out to my bike and certify it was in fact a street legal bike. The police officers were not just looking for the obvious lights, horn, etc, but also the DOT numbers. Then my buddy went to the same DMV a few weeks later with a DRZ 400S and they gave him no hassle at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By XRFJ
      I live in western NC, and have been  riding Brown Mtn since I was a kid... definitely noticed how bad some trails are getting and would love to help out. Anyone know of any organized trail maintenance groups/rides? Would love to strap a shovel & supplies to the bike and go help out. ...maybe US Forest Service organizes something, if they allow help? 
    • By 01cr250.677
      So i live in ohio and im going to be coming down for close to a week and riding with my brother 4th of july week. the initial plan was to stay at durhamtown for 3 or so days then hit either club mx or monster mountain that saturday on the way back. but im on the verge of just driving all the way into florida and seeing the beach and maybe hitting a beach after practice or something one day. (we have never seen the ocean). so give me your guys opinion whats the best way and places to moto in the south for a week? thanks
    • By Daylan Smithey
      Hey I was wondering if anyone new why my bike won't start, every 5 to 10 kicks it will backfire and that's all it will do. the other night I roll started it and it started but ran terribly. Got it from a guy saying it was in a building for 8 months. took the carb of cleaned the jets out and put it back on, now when I kick it it sounds like it wants to start but doesn't. also there's no more backfiring.
    • By Kenya
      Hello all,
      There's been a lot of talk about how to register a dirt bike in states that don't allow it.
      I just moved to North Carolina and for the first time in my life might be able to afford a bike. I've been dreaming about an XR650R for a long time, but they're not cheap. Plated bikes seem to be more expensive too. So here's my question, has anyone tried to plate a dirt bike by adding all the necessary features and having it inspected as a custom bike? Anyone know of another way I can plate an xr650 in NC?