looking for billet oil fill plug

easy to find for jap bikes!

I've had an experience where I left my bike parked in public, and someone removed the cap and did god knows what.

2008 SM450R

wow, sorry to hear the bro, try the ducati shops. I remember they sold anodized aluminum ones. Being a euro bike and all they might have the same thread pattern.

I purchased the M18 version of the STM oil filler cap. Fits correct on my 05 TE.

Most shops don't list the M18 as its not a very common size for other bikes, so just order it.

ST006.jpg

I purchased the M18 version of the STM oil filler cap. Fits correct on my 05 TE.

Most shops don't list the M18 as its not a very common size for other bikes, so just order it.

ST006.jpg

nice! By now everyone should now how difficult it is for me to get parts in Hawaii. Even a stupid lens for my goggles.

Can you tell me where you got it? Dealer name? Distributor? Website?

Thanks!

Jeff

ST006.jpg

Very cool!

Jeff > I randomly searched on google and mail ordered from http://www.eurocorsa.com (one of the hits that google returned)

another drz guy > I actually enquired with strano first. But they specifically mentioned that they do not sell any for the Husky coz every piece that was sold previously, was the wrong one. Even when I wanted the M18 sized plug, they would not bring it in for me either. Don't know what size the 610 uses tho.

That was why I searched on google for any other STM dealers.

nice! By now everyone should now how difficult it is for me to get parts in Hawaii. Even a stupid lens for my goggles.

Can you tell me where you got it? Dealer name? Distributor? Website?

Thanks!

Jeff

Why? I must have missed it. The TT store, Rocky Mountain MC and about any other on line parts place should have no issue shipping tot you. :thumbsup:

Just a thought! Why not just drill amd safety wire your existing fill plug?

Just put it on today @ the workshop b4 wiring up...

stmcap.jpg

Hope to get my bike back tomorrow!

I like that plug....most idiots don't have a allen to take off with the plug. What worries me more than someone stealing the plug.... is to not steal it and decide to see what they could put in there. :thumbsup:

Just put it on today @ the workshop b4 wiring up...

stmcap.jpg

Hope to get my bike back tomorrow!

I see your bike is older than mine - exhaust is on the wrong side - I wonder if the threads are the same for the 2008 bikes !

Check the thread diameter of your oil filler plug. Mine was 17.7mm or something like that on the vernier.