2008 TE 610 Oil Change Indicator

Was out riding my 08 TE 610 this past weekend and the oil change indicator lamp can on. The book tells me that I need to change the oil at 620 miles. I have gone over 620 miles and have already changed the oil twice and I am ready to change it again. But no where in the manual does it tell me how to extinguish the lamp indication. I tried disconnect the battery, that didn't do anything. It must be like todays new cars, you need to turn the ignition key on and off three times, honk the horn twice, close your left eye and wave your right hand.

Anyone know the sequence for the Husky?

By the way, the darn thing is some much fun to ride. Did a 180 mile ride on Saturday, mostly off road, can't wait to go out and do more! Love the HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Hold the mode button down and then turn on your ignition key hold for a few seconds and it will reset. This should all be done by your dealer though as a requirement of the warranty. The oil in the bike from the start is a none synthetic oil which is meant to do the 620 mile for bedding in purposes. I am hearing this from alot of new bike owners. Your service booklet is suppose to be signed of at every due service. Carefull not to void your warranty guys..

Hope the info helps, I'm here to help.

Shanon

Hold the mode button down and then turn on your ignition key hold for a few seconds and it will reset. This should all be done by your dealer though as a requirement of the warranty. The oil in the bike from the start is a none synthetic oil which is meant to do the 620 mile for bedding in purposes. I am hearing this from alot of new bike owners. Your service booklet is suppose to be signed of at every due service. Carefull not to void your warranty guys..

Hope the info helps, I'm here to help.

Shanon

Huskymeie

I tried holding the mode button down and turning on the ignition key. Held it down for a few seconds, nothing, still have the oil change indicator. But I will say it went on at 620 miles. That part works! :thumbsup:

The hold the key down then turn the key on, alone, does not reset the oil light!

It does put the computer into a config mode. You can scroll through menus and reset or change settings, and reset the oil light, amoung other things.

Do a search - there is a guide to the whole operation somewhere in this forum.

Dealer? what dealer? I don't need no stinking dealer.

The hold the key down then turn the key on, alone, does not reset the oil light!

It does put the computer into a config mode. You can scroll through menus and reset or change settings, and reset the oil light, amoung other things.

Do a search - there is a guide to the whole operation somewhere in this forum.

Dealer? what dealer? I don't need no stinking dealer.

Flashman

Got rid of it, thanks. Not sure how I got ride of it but it's gone know. Held down the mode button, turned on the ignition key. Held the mode button down until the screen said END. Let go of the mode button and pushed again untill the screen said OIL NO, pushed again, said OIL YES. Turned off the key and it was gone, I think that's how it went? Anyway it went something like that. Also had three numbers on the screen 0 3 5, they were flashing one at a time so you could change them, had no idea what that was all about.

I will call my dealer tomorrow and tell him how it's done. I think he will appreciate the information. :thumbsup:

That worked great, Thanks! I was getting tired of looking at it.:thumbsup:

sorry dude, thats just what my dealer told me he had to do to mine. one of us must have our wires crossed.