Sign in to follow this  

2003 KX125 Suspension HELP!!!

I'm having trouble setting up my suspension to my weight/riding style. I set the rear sag but I'm having trouble with the clickers, does anyone know a good baseline setting for the compression and rebound for the front/rear to start at. I'm hoping to go riding after work today, in 6 hours or so and I want to do some testing but hope to have a starting point. I'm not sure what the clickers are set at now but any help would be appreciated. The suspension is set up by Independent Suspensionfor a 160lb rider with springs/valving, however thats for racing and I just ride tracks and I'm at a novice level. I weigh 182 and I'm 6'1". The bike is a 2003 KX125 and the suspension feels too harsh in the upper part of the stroke, mainly from the forks, also unless I come up very short or something, I'm not using all the travel. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Sounds like the forks are bound up somehow. Check the bottom triple clamp bolt torque and also make sure the front axle is aligned properly.

Set your clickers in the middle of the range and go from there.

Sounds like the forks are bound up somehow. Check the bottom triple clamp bolt torque and also make sure the front axle is aligned properly.

Set your clickers in the middle of the range and go from there.

Ok great, i'll try that, thanks!